Send currently selected text to Alfred

------------

SOLVED

------------

I've been a longtime Launchbar user, but have decided to switch to Alfred for the workflows.

In Launchbar I was able to select text in any application and then press and hold my Launchbar shortcut (command-space) and that would send the text to Launchbar. From there I could simply type "wi" and then press enter to search wikipedia using that query. This feature is called "Instant Send" in Launchbar.

Does Alfred have a similar feature?

Thanks

Edited by dario

I've been a longtime Launchbar user, but have decided to switch to Alfred for the workflows.

In Launchbar I was able to select text in any application and then press and hold my Launchbar shortcut (command-space) and that would send the text to Launchbar. From there I could simply type "wi" and then press enter to search wikipedia using that query.

Does Alfred have a similar feature?

Thanks

Is it kinda like grabbing the text and then pasting it? Basically a clipboard manager?

Is it kinda like grabbing the text and then pasting it? Basically a clipboard manager?

Not really but I guess that would be one way around it...

Maybe if the selected text is "Long way for Kansas" then that could be passed into Alfred and formated as "{cuser} Long way for Kansas" and then you could just enter wiki and hit enter... but can you even send text to Alfred and then send the cuser to the front?

• 4 years later...