Very simple question on how to have text displayed in Large type

I want to display a text string in large type. So I want to have a piece of text say “12345” display on the screen as that but in large type. I just can’t figure out what you do to pass that string to the large type output.

Maybe this will help you:

Large%20Type.jpg

Or here's a workflow that takes the selected text in OS X and Large Types it

Cheers :)

Edited by Tyler Eich

Tyler - say I want a work flow that that I need a set of numbers to display on the screen. Let’s say I want to use the keyword MC as the input to output as an example “12355”. I can’t figure out how with Applescript or whatever how the input 12345 is passed to the output 12345 as there’s large text output for that. I know you can press cmd-L in say a contact but that’s not what I’m trying to do.

It seems so simple. I can create an Applescript >display dialog "Hello, World!" giving up after 10< and I’ll get an Applescript dialogue and that might be fine I just thought maybe there was something I could do natively in Alfred. Maybe not,

Tyler - say I want a work flow that that I need a set of numbers to display on the screen. Let’s say I want to use the keyword MC as the input to output as an example “12355”. I can’t figure out how with Applescript or whatever how the input 12345 is passed to the output 12345 as there’s large text output for that. I know you can press cmd-L in say a contact but that’s not what I’m trying to do.

It seems so simple. I can create an Applescript >display dialog "Hello, World!" giving up after 10< and I’ll get an Applescript dialogue and that might be fine I just thought maybe there was something I could do natively in Alfred. Maybe not,

Have you tried typing '12345' directly into Alfred and pressing ⌘⌥L ? That works for me.

OK I think we’re getting close but not quite. Both things work. The workflow and the above. However, I have static set of numbers that don’t change and just want to output as opposed to having to pull something out my wallet. I just want this static set of #’s that get input somewhere in Alfred in some fashion to output exactly as we’re doing except I don’t want to have to input an argument. The numbers are always the same and I just have to have a mechanism to pass those numbers into Large Type output.

Does that make sense.

OK I think we’re getting close but not quite. Both things work. The workflow and the above. However, I have static set of numbers that don’t change and just want to output as opposed to having to pull something out my wallet. I just want this static set of #’s that get input somewhere in Alfred in some fashion to output exactly as we’re doing except I don’t want to have to input an argument. The numbers are always the same and I just have to have a mechanism to pass those numbers into Large Type output.

Does that make sense.

Try this: Large Text

Double click Run Script and replace My Large Text Here for your text.

If that’s not what you need then sorry. :)

Interesting. I don’t know anything about scripting. If I put that line in the Applescript editor it doesn’t like it.

return "Here's to the crazy ones"

works perfectly in AppleScript Editor.

echo "Here's to the crazy ones"

is a shell script. If you type or paste that into Terminal, you'll get a result

I'm struggling to port my Alfred 1 scripts to Alfred 2 workflows.

Your TC workflow at #5 seems awesome, would you mind sharing that? 

Thank you.

If you are having issues, post over in the Help forum and I'd be happy to help you get things going.