Step through clipboard history with shortcut key

I switched to Alfred from Launchbar, and the biggest thing I miss is the ability to use the Clipboard History shortcut key to navigate through the history.

In my case, I have my Clipboard History shortcut key as Cmd-\. What I like to do as I'm coding is to copy a few things to the clipboard, then go to where I want to paste, hold down Command, and tap \ until the item I want to paste is highlighted. With Alfred right now, I have to hit Cmd-\, then use arrow keys or cmd-# keys to pick what I want, which necessitates changing my hand position on the keyboard - not at all as efficient for me.

-kevin

I switched to Alfred from Launchbar, and the biggest thing I miss is the ability to use the Clipboard History shortcut key to navigate through the history.

In my case, I have my Clipboard History shortcut key as Cmd-\. What I like to do as I'm coding is to copy a few things to the clipboard, then go to where I want to paste, hold down Command, and tap \ until the item I want to paste is highlighted. With Alfred right now, I have to hit Cmd-\, then use arrow keys or cmd-# keys to pick what I want, which necessitates changing my hand position on the keyboard - not at all as efficient for me.

-kevin

There are a few options - you could type to filter the item you are looking for (fastest way to get to older history items, and my preferred way of using the clipboard history), or alternatively, Alfred supports Emacs bindings. Without moving your hands over to the arrow keys, you can use cmd+n and cmd+p to select next and previous items respectively :)

There are a few options - you could type to filter the item you are looking for (fastest way to get to older history items, and my preferred way of using the clipboard history), or alternatively, Alfred supports Emacs bindings. Without moving your hands over to the arrow keys, you can use cmd+n and cmd+p to select next and previous items respectively :)

I think you mean Ctrl-N and Ctrl-P ;)

With LaunchBar, I can paste the second item on my clipboard history by holding down Cmd and tapping '\' twice.

With Alfred, I have to hit Cmd-\, then reposition to Ctl and hit Ctl-N, then hit Return (or, probably easier, hit Cmd-\, Down-Arrow, then Return). The LaunchBar approach is *much* faster for me, and this is a very common use case for me (actually, this is the only thing I've really used clipboard histories for).

Thanks, love the app. :-)

-kevin

I'd also love to see this feature. I used CopyPaste Pro which also lets you cycle through your clipboard history with repeated presses of CMD+V. That way I only have to move the finger pressing the V to cycle. Changing finger position to cycle through results is too inconvenient.

Is there a way to control Alfred's clip history from a workflow?

• 4 weeks later...