PlexConnect Terminal WebServer

Hi there..

is there a way to start my PlexConnect ( http://goo.gl/0mEuz ) with a Alfred Workflow. Any talented people here. ;)

see point 6 and 7 in the link.

1. Open a terminal window and change its directory to that of the PlexConnect folder (either by typing "cd", without the quotes, hitting space and then dragging the folder to the terminal window and hitting return or by enabling the really useful 'new terminal at folder' right click command).

2. Type "sudo ./PlexConnect.py", without the quotes and hit return.

at the moment I have to start

1. Terminal

2. type "cd" drag the folder to terminal i.e. "cd /Users/Daniel/Documents/PlexConnect-XML_templates"

3. type "sudo ./PlexConnect.py"

4. Enter my Password from the Computer

5. the terminal stays open and I have to minimize it.

6. to shut down this I have to press enter in the terminal.

There must be a way to make this comfortable with alfred. :) what do you guys think?

Edited by DJay

Hi there..

is there a way to start my PlexConnect ( http://goo.gl/0mEuz ) with a Alfred Workflow. Any talented people here. ;)

see point 6 and 7 in the link.

1. Open a terminal window and change its directory to that of the PlexConnect folder (either by typing "cd", without the quotes, hitting space and then dragging the folder to the terminal window and hitting return or by enabling the really useful 'new terminal at folder' right click command).

2. Type "sudo ./PlexConnect.py", without the quotes and hit return.

at the moment I have to start

1. Terminal

2. type "cd" drag the folder to terminal i.e. "cd /Users/Daniel/Documents/PlexConnect-XML_templates"

3. type "sudo ./PlexConnect.py"

4. Enter my Password from the Computer

5. the terminal stays open and I have to minimize it.

6. to shut down this I have to press enter in the terminal.

There must be a way to make this comfortable with alfred. :) what do you guys think?

This should be pretty easy, unless I'm missing something. I've not tried PlexConnect yet because I moved away from using Plex on my ATV2 and just have a hackintosh I keep hooked directly to my TV. Anyway, the only hiccup I would have envisioned from this would have been the need to use sudo to execute but you could use AppleScript to execute this. 

I would think just doing...

do shell script "sudo /Users/Daniel/Documents/PlexConnect-XML_template/PlexConnect.py" with administrator privileges

would solve this issue. It will prompt you for your admin password still. So, making a workflow, add a keyword, and add a Run Script item with the language set to osascript and inserting that code.. I think should work