Eliminating need for Space Key to search for docs, etc.

Hi, I just downloaded the latest Alfred and and stumbling around a bit.   I just found out that I need (at least, by default) to press the space key to launch a search for a doc, a music file, etc. after launching Alfred itself with Option-Space.  Why would I want to have to press another key just to search for something?  I want to eliminate the need for hitting Space after I launch Alfred. Not sure how to do this.   Thanks very much!  Regards.

Hi, I just downloaded the latest Alfred and and stumbling around a bit.   I just found out that I need (at least, by default) to press the space key to launch a search for a doc, a music file, etc. after launching Alfred itself with Option-Space.  Why would I want to have to press another key just to search for something?  I want to eliminate the need for hitting Space after I launch Alfred. Not sure how to do this.   Thanks very much!  Regards.

This is by design to keep the default results nice, tidy and very fast. This is especially important when you start using some of the more advanced workflows.

If this doesn't matter for you, you can select 'Search all file types' in Alfred's Features > Default Results which will show all results by default without the spacebar prefix :)