"Add custom search" doesn't work

Hi, 

I've just gotten the Powerpack but the "Add Custom Search" feature still doesn't appear to work. Nothing happens when I click on the "Add Custom Search"-Button that is located under the table with the inbuilt search functions in the "Web Search" Panel. 

Do other users also experience this problem? My version is v2.0.4(199) 

Help would be much appreciated!  

Cheers,

Tobi

Edited by tobi

Hi, 

I've just gotten the Powerpack but the "Add Custom Search" feature still doesn't appear to work. Nothing happens when I click on the "Add Custom Search"-Button that is located under the table with the inbuilt search functions in the "Web Search" Panel. 

Cheers,

Tobi

When you click on the Add Custom Search button, a sheet should slide down on top of the Alfred Preferences window allowing you to enter the query URL, name, and keyword. When you say it does nothing, do you mean it isn't showing the sheet to set the config or, is it not saving after you enter all the configuration options for the Custom Search?

Hi, 

Cheers,

Tobi

I can't replicate this problem; maybe your Alfred download is corrupt? Try reinstalling Alfred 2?

Not sure what's wrong with your setup  :huh:

Hi, 

Thanks for your comments. I've just uninstalled and reinstalled Alfred but I keep having the same problem. Upon clicking on the "Add Custom Search" button, there is no reaction at all (apart from the button turning gray for a short moment). No sheet appears or anything ...

My OS is 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). 

Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Tobi 

Hi, 

Thanks for your comments. I've just uninstalled and reinstalled Alfred but I keep having the same problem. Upon clicking on the "Add Custom Search" button, there is no reaction at all (apart from the button turning gray for a short moment). No sheet appears or anything ...

Cheers, 

Tobi 

For Snow Leopard, I may have to defer to Andrew on this one to see if there is anything he may know of that would cause this issue. I don't have any machines still running Snow Leopard to test this issue. I'll make sure that Andrew is aware of this thread and get him to look into it.

Thanks for reporting this.

Hi, 

Cheers, 

Tobi 

I've managed to reproduce this, I'm looking into it right now and should have a b200 out later today once fixed. I'll post updates in this thread:

http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/2627-custom-search-addedit-not-working/

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi, 

Cheers, 

Tobi 

If you select 'pre-releases' in Alfred's Update preferences, you'll get 2.0.5 b200 which should hopefully fix this for you :)