Lock command resets desktop background

I've downloaded Nigel Smith's Lock Screen workflow.

When I run it, it does lock the system; however, when I unlock it, it resets my desktop background for the active desktop. I realize it's a system command being executed, so wondered if anyone could shed any light on why the wallpaper is being reset (it switches to the first colour in the list of solid colours).

Thanks,

Des

It would have been a good idea to have linked to the original ;-)

I'm not sure precisely why the wallpaper changes, but I don't think it has anything to do with Alfred, or that workflow. Try enabling fast user switching in System Preferences>Users & Groups>Login Options then use the fast user switching menu bar icon to go to the login screen (this has the effect of locking your Mac). Type your password in and you'll see that your wallpaper's changed again, at least, mine does. I don't find it problematic as I have my wallpaper set to randomly cycle through an iPhoto album so it doesn't matter that it changes. You might be able to find a workaround by putting your wallpaper image file into a folder, setting that folder as wallpaper source folder (in System Preferences>Desktop & Screensaver>Desktop) and then ticking "change picture". Your wallpaper would never change, as there'd only be one image in the folder, but when you unlock your Mac it might remember to use that folder to draw images from again. I don't know, just an idea :-)

On the other hand, there appears to be a bug in OS X that causes wallpaper preferences to reset to their defaults (I'm not sure when it happens, just that I have to manually reconfigure my wallpaper settings every so often), so this might be related. Bring on 10.9!

Edited by Subject22