Alfred find not working for a file with the extension qualified

I've read through this help page and have confirmed that none of the issues outlined in the following post are affecting me:

http://support.alfredapp.com/kb:indexing

I have a png on my desktop named "adium.png".

If I hit "space" to enter file search mode, then type in "adium" I'll have the file in question show up in the results.  If you look at the screenshot below, it is item #6.

aJgV3h8.png

However, if I continue to type in the rest of the filename, the second I hit the "." before the file extension, Alfred shows no results and asks me if I want to google search:

3BTmGIV.png

Once the period is introduced in the query I get no results (ie, "adium.png" also shows no results)

Searching for "adium.png" in Spotlight shows the appropriate image file in its results. 

Any clue what I'm doing wrong or is this a bug?

Edited by Simucal

I've read through this help page and have confirmed that none of the issues outlined in the following post are affecting me:

http://support.alfredapp.com/kb:indexing

I have a png on my desktop named "adium.png".

If I hit "space" to enter file search mode, then type in "adium" I'll have the file in question show up in the results.  If you look at the screenshot below, it is item #6.

However, if I continue to type in the rest of the filename, the second I hit the "." before the file extension, Alfred shows no results and asks me if I want to google search:

Once the period is introduced in the query I get no results (ie, "adium.png" also shows no results)

Searching for "adium.png" in Spotlight shows the appropriate image file in its results. 

Any clue what I'm doing wrong or is this a bug?

By saying that none of those outlined issues are affecting you, are you confirming that you DID reindex the drive?

By saying that none of those outlined issues are affecting you, are you confirming that you DID reindex the drive?

That is correct, I performed a re-index and it didn't resolve the issue.  Although, I really don't think that is the issue because Spotlight has been able to correctly find the file from the beginning.

If you grab the 2.0.5 pre-release, it has improved file matching for full filenames, so this should work better :)

I'll give it a try, thanks for the info.

Edited by Simucal