Philips Hue Controller Workflow

Hey guys, there were some bugs in the last release I put that that prevented you from using the "All lights" command.  I've fixed this in the new version, 2.3.

DOWNLOAD

This is a fantastic workflow! Thank you for the time you've put in.

I don't want to start barking ideas but this is more of a question:

When I set (with my phone) to a preset (lets say blue rain) and then use alfred to save the preset (hue-preset-save or whatever) can it save that current config? Or is saving presets in alfred only for if you've set the lights up through alfred. I ask because I set to a preset using my phone and then saved the preset with alfred but when i go back to that preset through alfred, it doesnt seem to work

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fantastic workflow! Thank you for the time you've put in.

I don't want to start barking ideas but this is more of a question:

When I set (with my phone) to a preset (lets say blue rain) and then use alfred to save the preset (hue-preset-save or whatever) can it save that current config? Or is saving presets in alfred only for if you've set the lights up through alfred. I ask because I set to a preset using my phone and then saved the preset with alfred but when i go back to that preset through alfred, it doesnt seem to work

Interesting.  That *should* actually work.  Can you repeat the action maybe a few times and tell me if it's consistently failing?

• 9 months later...

How do you delete presets?  

I attempted save presets twice and each time only 6-7 of lights included in preset actually turned on.  I would like to delete these save presets but see no instruction for how to do so.  

Can you delete save presets, if so how?

How do you delete presets?  

I attempted save presets twice and each time only 6-7 of lights included in preset actually turned on.  I would like to delete these save presets but see no instruction for how to do so.  

Can you delete save presets, if so how?

Use the "-hue" keyword to find the "Open Presets Storage – Use this to delete, rename, or backup presets" option.  This opens the a directory in Finder.  To delete the preset, just delete the folder pertaining to that preset.

:)

Edited by benknight
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 10/9/2016 at 0:02 PM, bongobong said:

Thanks. I was sort of hoping i could get it to go "hp <preset name> or some such. 

Thanks! 

@bongobong Actually this is possible with some light editing of the workflow source.  Here's a rough guide:

1. Open Alfred Preference, go to "Workflows" and select this workflow.

2. Create a new script filter: + > Inputs > Script Filter

3. Double click the new script filter (it will be at the bottom probably)

4. Edit the filter accordingly:

1. Set to "Argument optional"
  2. Set the Keyword to whatever you like, such as "hp" to use your example
  3. Set the Placeholder title to whatever you like, e.g. "Set Philips Hue Controller preset..."
  4. In the "script" box, enter
    python -m logic.filters "presets {query}"

-

4. Profit

Let me know if it works out for you!

• 8 months later...

I’ve tested several apps to control Hue from the Mac and wasn’t really satisfied.  This workflow it’s the best thing that I found to do the job. Especially the possibility to use hotkeys. A huge thanks to you, benknight!

Edited by Serge
  • 3 years later...

Since I've installed macOS 12.3, the workflow doesn't work anymore.

I got this :

[00:33:12.716] Philips Hue Controller[Hotkey] Processing complete
[00:33:12.718] Philips Hue Controller[Hotkey] Passing output 'groups:0:on' to Run Script
[00:33:12.783] ERROR: Philips Hue Controller[Run Script] /bin/bash: /usr/bin/python: No such file or directory
[00:33:12.784] Philips Hue Controller[Run Script] Processing complete
[00:33:12.786] Philips Hue Controller[Run Script] Passing output '' to Post Notification
[00:33:12.786] Philips Hue Controller[Run Script] Passing output '' to Write Text File

Edited by Serge
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I am a big user and big fan of this workflow, there's one thing I noticed is that when I update it I lose all the customization I did to the Hotkeys (I have added several hotkeys that call specific scenes).

Is there a way to keep my custom commands after an update ?

Thank you for your help !

Valentin 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/23/2013 at 12:13 PM, benknight said:

Controlador Philips Hue para Alfred

Controla rápida y fácilmente las luces Philips Hue con Alfred.

index.png

Instalación

1.   Descargar el flujo de trabajo

2. La primera vez que ejecute el flujo de trabajo, le pedirá que presione el botón en la parte superior del puente Hue y luego active el elemento para autorizar el flujo de trabajo para controlar sus luces Hue. El flujo de trabajo intenta automáticamente encontrar el puente en su red local. También puede especificar manualmente la dirección IP del puente. Por ejemplo, si la IP de su puente es 192.168.1.126:

matiz 192.168.1.126

Lea más sobre las funciones en la página de Github del proyecto.

This it works great!!

THANK YOU FRIEND!!!