Opening hidden files via Alfred.

Hi, 

I just want to be able to type ".bash_history" in Alfred, hit enter to open the file. 

How can I do this ? 

I tired typing my mac Home name + hit enter. It's working but I am not really satisfied with this solution. 

I created a workflow with a file filter but it does not work.

Broadly speaking, I think it would be useful to be able to add some hidden files (paths, hosts, .bashrc, .zshrc, ...) to 

Alfred search scope. So time saving.

Can you be a bit more specific?

If I open alfred and type ">history" {<-- this is actually less typing than you requested and requires no workflow}

it will load the command "history" in a terminal window ... from which I can see all my recent bash commands.

Do you need 'more' than that?

Hi, 

I just want to be able to type ".bash_history" in Alfred, hit enter to open the file. 

How can I do this ? 

I tired typing my mac Home name + hit enter. It's working but I am not really satisfied with this solution. 

I created a workflow with a file filter but it does not work.

Broadly speaking, I think it would be useful to be able to add some hidden files (paths, hosts, .bashrc, .zshrc, ...) to 

Alfred search scope. So time saving.

Hidden files aren't shown by default but you could quickly get to bash_history by typing '~.' . This will open Alfred in file browser mode in your home folder and the . will start matching file names. From there you can open or perform other actions on the file

@RodgerWW @David Thanks for the tips. 

My main point is "it is a pain having to remember these files paths (ie etc/path or etc/passwd, ...)"

So being able to open them by typing their name and hitting enter, just like I would do with a .pdf file or an .xsls file, would be awesome.

OK, well, 2 ways come to mind right off.

1: Make a new workflow from Templates/Files and Apps/Launch File Group From Keyword.

Double click on the Keyword box, and edit it how you want. So in this case you could make the keyword "bash"

Double click on the Launch Apps/Files box, and you can then drag your .bash_history file into the list. I am assuming you know how to show hidden files in Finder.

Then save, and open Alfred, and type bash, and hit enter ... and it loads in TextEdit.

2: Do basically the same thing as above, BUT, use a hotkey instead of a keyword, so you don't even have to load Alfred to load the file into textedit.