Alfred doesn't seem to know ~/Applications :(

Hello -- i installed a homebrew build of emacs, which put a symbolic link to Emacs.app in my ~/Applications folder. I cleared Alfred's cache and rebuilt the index. I added ~/Applications to Alfred's list of places to look. He still can't find "Emacs." Any ideas for me, please & thanks?

Hello -- i installed a homebrew build of emacs, which put a symbolic link to Emacs.app in my ~/Applications folder. I cleared Alfred's cache and rebuilt the index. I added ~/Applications to Alfred's list of places to look. He still can't find "Emacs." Any ideas for me, please & thanks?

A quick note to add that I got Alfred to find emacs by adding the homebrew directory /usr/sbin/Cellar/emacs/24.2 to Alfred's list of places to look, but this seem like an awfully specific thing to do. Perhaps I only need to tell Alfred to look in /usr/sbin/Cellar. Alos, perhaps it's the symbolic link to Emacs.app in my ~/Applications folder that Alfred doesn't like?

A quick note to add that I got Alfred to find emacs by adding the homebrew directory /usr/sbin/Cellar/emacs/24.2 to Alfred's list of places to look, but this seem like an awfully specific thing to do. Perhaps I only need to tell Alfred to look in /usr/sbin/Cellar. Alos, perhaps it's the symbolic link to Emacs.app in my ~/Applications folder that Alfred doesn't like?

Ok, I resolved this by adding only /usr/local/Cellar to the list of search locations. Now alfred can find everything I installed via homebrew. Still not sure why ~/Applications and - or the symbolic link in there wasn't liked, but hey, it's gone now :)