Words With — Find words that contain a particular pattern

To use this workflow, type one of the three keywords, followed by a string, to find words containing it. wws for words starting with the string, wwa for words that have it anywhere, and wwe for words ending in it.

IxwsdrM.png

This was originally conceived to find if certain letter combinations would be “safe” to use with software like TextExapander, but it could be used as help on word games, or something like that.

The wordlist is in english, and it’s a public domain one. You can easily replace it by changing the words.txt file in the workflow’s directory (it’s just a textfile with one word per line).

Download

https://github.com/vitorgalvao/alfred-workflows/raw/master/bin/WordsWith.alfredworkflow

Source

https://github.com/vitorgalvao/alfred-workflows/tree/master/WordsWith

License

I don’t care, do whatever you want with this. If you make any changes that could benefit the script, I’d certainly appreciate if you’d share them (perhaps I could incorporate them), but it’s not at all required.

Wil you incorporate open in safari for the future?

Wil you incorporate open in safari for the future?

I’m not sure what you mean. The goal of the workflow is just to gather if the words exist at all, to allow you to pick triggers that don’t conflict with words that you might use. In what way are you thinking Safari would fit in this?

I’m not sure what you mean. The goal of the workflow is just to gather if the words exist at all, to allow you to pick triggers that don’t conflict with words that you might use. In what way are you thinking Safari would fit in this?

I mean define this word in safari. I really like this worklfow for looking up words I never heard of, but I would like to know their meanings.

I mean define this word in safari. I really like this worklfow for looking up words I never heard of, but I would like to know their meanings.

I don’t dislike the idea, but I’m thinking defining it via Safari (or any browser, for that matter), is a bit much, when we have an alternative already builtin, that works great.

I’ve updated it. Selecting a word will now automatically call the “define” keyword in Alfred, with the word as the option.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • vitor changed the title to Words With — Find words that contain a particular pattern