Contacts are not showing in Alfred v2

I followed the guide what to do when the Contacts do not showing up (I deleted contacts app metadata) but it did not help.

I use iCloud. Turning it off did not help.

In System Prefs -> Security, there is "Alfred" listed, but not "Alfred 2".

"Alfred" is checked.

Build: 2.03 187

OS X Version: 10.8.3

Console message:

16.05.13 23:51:12,208 Alfred 2[1007]: Address book access is denied for executable at path: /Applications/Alfred 2.app/Contents/MacOS/Alfred 2
(
    0   AddressBook                         0x00007fff8340f2fc __ABIsAccessGranted_block_invoke_0 + 36
    1   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff8f5e60b6 _dispatch_client_callout + 8
    2   libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff8f5e6041 dispatch_once_f + 50
    3   AddressBook                         0x00007fff8340f258 ABIsAccessGranted + 40
    4   AddressBook                         0x00007fff8340f19e +[ABAddressBook sharedAddressBook] + 12
    5   AddressBook                         0x00007fff8342ad9b -[ABSearchElementMatch initWithProperty:label:key:value:searchPeople:searchSubscribed:comparison:] + 366
    6   AddressBook                         0x00007fff8342ac26 -[ABSearchElementMatch initWithProperty:label:key:value:searchPeople:comparison:] + 47
    7   AddressBook                         0x00007fff8342a811 +[ABPerson searchElementForProperty:label:key:value:comparison:] + 91
    8   Alfred Framework                    0x00000001000fb2f9 -[AlfredContactsQuerierOperation start] + 186
    9   Foundation                          0x00007fff8785b861 __block_global_6 + 129
    10  libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff8f5e9f01 _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 15
    11  libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff8f5e60b6 _dispatch_client_callout + 8
    12  libdispatch.dylib                   0x00007fff8f5e71fa _dispatch_worker_thread2 + 304
    13  libsystem_c.dylib                   0x00007fff8bf9cd0b _pthread_wqthread + 404
    14  libsystem_c.dylib                   0x00007fff8bf871d1 start_wqthread + 13
)

In System Prefs -> Security, there is "Alfred" listed, but not "Alfred 2".

"Alfred" is checked.

Alfred 2 will need to be listed in the security prefs and ticked. Try resetting OS X's Address Book access in Terminal then restarting your Mac:

tccutil reset AddressBook

[Moved to Discussion & Help forum]

• 1 month later...

I typed "tccutil reset AddressBook" and restartet my Mac. Now in System Prefs -> Security -> Contacts, there is nothing listed. Plus, Alfred 1 Contacts are not working now, too. I rely on this feature...

Edited by tamriel

I typed "tccutil reset AddressBook" and restartet my Mac. Now in System Prefs -> Security -> Contacts, there is nothing listed. Plus, Alfred 1 Contacts are not working now, too. I rely on this feature...

OS X will add apps to there once they attempt to access the address book and you answer "Yes" to OS X's security popup message (i.e. search for a contact)

If you could fill in your Powerpack email address in your forum profile, I can provide an alternative solution for finding contacts too :)

Hello,

It's been a while I have a problem with a synchronisation of contacts between Contact.app and Alfred.

All the contacts are visible from the Spotlight, but none of them are from Alfred.

After having read what is already discussed on this forum, I've found out that the problem is that Alfred is not allowed to use contacts (in the System Preferences/Security & Privacy). On the contrary, even after the uninstallation-installation of Alfred and reset of Contacts though the Terminal (I don't really remember what it was, but it's cleaned the list applications allowed to use contacts) Alfred never asks to access my contacts.

The same problem resists on two macs (both possessing MacOS 10.8.4).

No more ideas of how to resolve the problem.

Edited by koniev

Hello,

Tamriel's issue has now been resolved via email, so I merged yours as your issue may be the same. For completeness, please find Tamriel's response below, but in summary, he had disabled OS X's ability to pop up the "Alfred 2 would like to access your Contacts", resulting in OS X never asking and therefore contacts never being searched.

Tamriel's answer in full:

Some time ago, I have done something in Terminal to hide those annoying "the disk was not ejected properly" messages.
Well, that's a popup, too.

So I researched it and reverted that setting:

Solution: "sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.UserNotificationCenter.plist"

I will post to that thread, that that setting has the negative side effect of hiding those "something want to access your contacts"-popups.

However, I am glad Alfred is working now flawlessly :)
  • 8 months later...

I just bought the Alfred Powerpack in large part to have quicker access to my 10,000+ contacts yet when I do a search for a contact, nothing shows up.

I have followed the steps already indicated in this post including the terminal command and making sure the "Contacts" box is checked in Alfred, but still nothing?

I don't see anything indicating this issue was ever resolved - was it?

I am 2 macs both running Mavericks and Alfred 2 and it does not work on either of them.

I just bought the Alfred Powerpack in large part to have quicker access to my 10,000+ contacts yet when I do a search for a contact, nothing shows up.

I have followed the steps already indicated in this post including the terminal command and making sure the "Contacts" box is checked in Alfred, but still nothing?

I don't see anything indicating this issue was ever resolved - was it?

I am 2 macs both running Mavericks and Alfred 2 and it does not work on either of them.

Is Alfred listed and ticked in OS X's security preferences?

Also, is Spotlight seeing your contacts?

Cheers,

Andrew

Yes - Alfred is checked in security preferences and YES, Spotlight finds contacts just fine.

Are they OS X contacts, or something else such as Exchange?

If you update to the Alfred 2.2 pre-release, you could try switching to using the spotlight metadata to find contacts. You'll find this option in Alfred's Features > Contacts > Advanced prefs - "Use Spotlight metadata for searching contacts"

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,

Andrew

They are OSX contacts - nothing unusual.  As an FYI - I also running an App call CoBook that has a dialer, etc. built into it, but I don't see why it would create any issues, it simply syncs with OSX contacts.

How do I update to 2.2 to try your suggestion or do you have any other ideas for me?

They are OSX contacts - nothing unusual.  As an FYI - I also running an App call CoBook that has a dialer, etc. built into it, but I don't see why it would create any issues, it simply syncs with OSX contacts.

How do I update to 2.2 to try your suggestion or do you have any other ideas for me?

In Alfred's preferences, you can select the Update button and then select the pre-release option at the bottom of the Update page and then select to check for updates.

This should grab the latest 2.2 pre-release.