Open Browser and Custom Searches in a New Window

Hi,

As specified in the title, I would prefer if Alfred:

Open Browser and Custom Searches in a New Window by Default

So whenever Alfred opens a browser window it would be a new tab in a new window rather than a new tab in the current window. It seems to make more sense to me. And there are plenty of people creating workflows to achieve this for specific sites in a repetitive and inelegant way. Any other thoughts from the community?

If not by default, then there could at least be an option to enable this.

Looking forward to some feedback.

Hal

Hi,

As specified in the title, I would prefer if Alfred:

Open Browser and Custom Searches in a New Window by Default

So whenever Alfred opens a browser window it would be a new tab in a new window rather than a new tab in the current window. It seems to make more sense to me. And there are plenty of people creating workflows to achieve this for specific sites in a repetitive and inelegant way. Any other thoughts from the community?

If not by default, then there could at least be an option to enable this.

Looking forward to some feedback.

Hal

I believe that this is going to be controlled by the application/browser and not by Alfred. Alfred simply uses the open keyword (same that would be used from the command line or terminal) to open URLs in your default browser. I can't remember what all browsers support this but I know that some browsers actually support setting how the OS will handle opening new URLs by default (where it opens in a new window or a new tab) I would check your browser settings and see what they have been set to

• 2 weeks later...