Open System Preferences pane and switch to specific item

I have successfully created a workflow that opens the System Preferences Pane. However, I have not found a way to switch to a specific item in the pane. Is there a way, and if so how? It would be great if some or all of the items in the pane could be opened via a parameter. Thanks for your help.

Roy

I have successfully created a workflow that opens the System Preferences Pane. However, I have not found a way to switch to a specific item in the pane. Is there a way, and if so how? It would be great if some or all of the items in the pane could be opened via a parameter. Thanks for your help.

Roy

Is this something that necessitates a workflow? Are your simply opening a specific item in the System Preferences? If so, that could be done much easier.

Right now, it is to just open the app which has a preference window. I would like to be able to go directly to the app preferences pane without having to go through the various steps to get there.

Roy

Unless something is off with the metadata, you should be able to search and open prefPanes using Alfred normally. For instance, Flash installed a prefPane item on my machine. Calling up Alfred and pressing 'fla' shows the "Flash Player.prefPane" result. Pressing enter to action it will actually open that prefPane item directly. No need to script anything