Remember the last typed query for 5 mins [It's back!]

Even though you have the option now to 'Show the latest history if within 5 minutes' I really really miss the way it worked in v1. In v1 the last query could always be shown, even after an hour.

I regularly use the same query and often 5 minutes have past. This means in v2 I have to use the arrow keys to get it back. The fact that it remembers past queries is great but would really love to get the option back to have the latest query always shown, not just within 5 minutes.

• 1 month later...

I second having an option to show the last query not just for 5 minutes, but always be shown, even after an hour. For me, 5 minutes is often not enough time and I often have to use the arrow keys to get it back. In that situation the "show latest history" feature is useless to me. Like otijhuis said the fact that the 5 minutes feature is there is great but I would also love to get the option back to have the latest query always shown, not just within 5 minutes.

The new history feature is very cool, although the up/down keys without a modifier key are a bit confusing to use, an option would be greatly appreciated.

About Alfred remembering/forgetting the latest entry in the history: Like the others in this thread, I too use this feature in v1 regularly (meaning pretty much all the time) and its sort of a deal-breaker for switching to v2.  What about a solution with a dropdown menu where everyone could change the preferred way (and since it's already in the "Advanced" tab this would not confuse users who don't need it to much):

History:

Number of stored history elements: <number_input_field>

Automatically show latest entry: [never, for 5 minutes, for 1 hour, always]

Cycle the history backwards by using the [alt, cmd, ctrl, shift] key and the arrow keys

This way the old style and the new style could coexist and everyone would be happy. What do you think?