TextSoap cleaners on the Clipboard

In case anyone browses the forum to figure out why this workflow stopped working after upgrading to Alfred 3, just go through the workflow and update scripts as follows: [e.g., tell application] "Alfred 2" → "Alfred 3".

@raguay.customct, this workflow is indeed the best. Thank you once again!

It may be my imagination, but it seems that this workflow is even faster on Alfred 3. Fantastic! :-)

It is faster on Alfred 3 because Alfred 3 is much faster, or as I said, snappier than Alfred 2. I have the workflow updated to Alfred 3, but they have asked us not to upload them to Packal and such until Alfred 3 is out of beta. Should be in a couple of weeks.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @fncll,

Just updated the workflow on GitHub:  https://github.com/raguay/MyAlfred/blob/master/Alfred 3/TextSoapCleaners.alfredworkflow

It's now future proofed for Alfred and TextSoap. Just set the TextSoap application name in the environment variables and the scripts will call the right application. I changed all the AppleScripts to JXA (JavaScript for Automation). Seems to be working for me. Let me know.

• 2 years later...

Thanks a lot for this awesome workflow. It has been reliable for several years, however, it stopped working for me when updating to TextSoap version 9. There is no information from debugging mode in Alfred, the workflow acts just as before and confirms that cleaning was performed, but the text is not transformed. Any ideas how to fix this?

I'm using version 4.0 of the workflow on macOS 11.6 and Alfred version 4.6.1. I'm using the Setapp Edition of TextSoap version 9.0.5.

Edited by cands
25 minutes ago, cands said:

Thanks a lot for this awesome workflow. It has been reliable for several years, however, it stopped working for me when updating to TextSoap version 9. There is no information from debugging mode in Alfred, the workflow acts just as before and confirms that cleaning was performed, but the text is not transformed. Any ideas how to fix this?

I'm using version 4.0 of the workflow on macOS 11.6 and Alfred version 4.6.1. I'm using the Setapp Edition of TextSoap version 9.0.5.

Hi, I'm glad you like it. I just updated it a little bit to 5.9 that you can download from my GitHub repository: https://github.com/raguay/MyAlfred/blob/master/Alfred 4/TextSoap Cleaners.alfredworkflow

Let me know if that helps.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, splitpersonality said:

Hi. Thanks for this tool!

tc:clean or tc:full do not retrive my custom cleaners at the moment. Although the Run Last Cleaner action works every time.

Version 9.1.2 (3058) ~ Quick screen capture here.

Let me know if you can help!

Could you turn on the debugger and send me the results? Also, screen capture the settings panel so I can see how you have it setup. Thanks.

Alfred 5, Textsoap 9 

Hi, I downloaded but am unable to run the workflow. All I get is the notification below if I run for example tc:full

I can run textsoap 9 independently no problem, so it's not a textsoap installation issue.

thanks in advance for your time and help and thank you for all your work writing this workflow.

image.png.d78c8b8e43691bae69e19c407122891a.png

On 7/22/2022 at 8:25 AM, raguay.customct said:

Also, I live in Thailand. So if you are in the UK or US, it will take me a night to get back with you.

S̄wạs̄dī

Catalina latest update

Alfred 5  latest update

TextSoap 9.1.2

What I did: 

call up Alfred ⌥ Spacebar

typed tc then clicked on Get a list of cleaners available

result: one notification appeared as per below: saved full list of cleaners.

Dubugging (below) (thank you @vitor )

Can’t get application "textsoapAgent.app".

Please note that TextSoap 9 is installed and I am a registered user (paid copy)

[09:02:53.606] Logging Started...
[09:03:14.381] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Keyword] Processing complete
[09:03:14.382] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Keyword] Passing output '' to Run Script
[09:03:14.577] STDERR: TextSoap Cleaners 9[Run Script] 47:80: execution error: Can’t get application "textsoapAgent.app". (-1728)
[09:03:14.586] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Run Script] Processing complete
[09:03:14.586] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Run Script] Passing output 'Set Cleaners.
' to Post Notification

I looked at textsoap 9 and discovered that textsoapagent is a supplementary module which has to be added separately, which I did.

Now, when I run the workflow again and debug the workflow, I get the same result (notification) but no error messages. 

[09:22:57.185] Logging Started...
[09:23:14.843] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Keyword] Processing complete
[09:23:14.850] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Keyword] Passing output '' to Run Script
[09:23:15.109] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Run Script] Processing complete
[09:23:15.111] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Run Script] Passing output 'Set Cleaners.
' to Post Notification

I was expecting to see a list of cleaner to choose from but only get a notification.

There is perhaps something basic I don't understand with your workflow.

So I'm at a loss at to what I should do next.

Thanks very much !

K̄hxbkhuṇ māk s̄àh̄rb khwām ch̀wyh̄elù̄x k̄hxng khuṇ

image.png.643da097811570002a4f794b83652866.png

image.png.d22f079c94bd83a00330cc9d7e9d9889.png

Edited by rob213
56 minutes ago, raguay.customct said:

You have to run `tc:getcleaners` in the Alfred prompt and wait for it to copy a list of cleaners. I do it this way because the query can be slow. Then you use `tc:clean`  to select a cleaner to apply to the text in the clipboard.

I ran get tc:getcleaners which seems to have worked and then tc:clean which does not. 

I don't see a list of cleaner to choose from (although I have many in TextSoap 9), and the debugging suggests I have a problem

I can use the textsoap agent with a global shortcut, no problem.

thanks again

[11:14:25.320] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Keyword] Processing complete
[11:14:25.321] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Keyword] Passing output '' to Run Script
[11:14:25.785] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Run Script] Processing complete
[11:14:25.806] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Run Script] Passing output 'Set Cleaners.
' to Post Notification
[11:14:39.162] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'
[11:14:39.183] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[11:14:39.184] STDERR: TextSoap Cleaners 9[Script Filter] /bin/bash: line 8: 1: command not found
[11:14:39.185] TextSoap Cleaners 9[Script Filter] {"items":[]}

1 hour ago, raguay.customct said:

In the environment variables, there is one called `compiled`. If it’s zero, you have to have nodejs on your system and set it’s path in the `nodeapp` environment variable. If it’s one, it will try to run the compiled program I made for it.

OK thanks very much