TextSoap cleaners on the Clipboard

1 hour ago, raguay.customct said:

In the environment variables, there is one called `compiled`. If it’s zero, you have to have nodejs on your system and set it’s path in the `nodeapp` environment variable. If it’s one, it will try to run the compiled program I made for it.

It was already set to 1 when I sent you the error debug

Do I have to change script to Alfred 5 somewhere ?

thank you

image.thumb.png.3aa368c944417ee7998a47f452cceb1c.png

On 7/23/2022 at 8:34 PM, rob213 said:

It was already set to 1 when I sent you the error debug

Do I have to change script to Alfred 5 somewhere ?

thank you

image.thumb.png.3aa368c944417ee7998a47f452cceb1c.png

Okay. It is set to use the compiled program I wrote (a compiled version of the JavaScript code), but that program isn’t with the workflow for some reason. You can try to re-download the workflow to get the program or install nodejs, set `compiled` to 0, and set `nodeapp` to the complete path to your copy of nodejs.

• 2 weeks later...

If you change `compiled` to 0, you have to have nodejs installed and the path to in in the nodeapp variable. The error is that I compiled the program. You have to click cancel, go to System Preferences and the Security & Privacy, and then on the General. At the bottom, it gives you the option to run anyway. Click it and rerun the workflow and it should work.

Great - that fixed that issue.

I changed the variable to textsoap8 as I have the direct full version.  

I then used tc:get a list of cleaners

I get a message the list is saved

However, when I run tc:select from a list of cleaners, nothing happens - it does a google search.

Should I leave it as textsoapagent? Thanks Andrew

image.png.50b5ab0687bf9fb9877990062d20e396.png

I turned on the debugger - husge amount of data.

I have tried selecting a work in word and then running TC:Uppercase (the cleaner appears) - the word in word, gets pasted by what was on the Textsoap clipboard.  The word wasn't copied and then acted on and repasted.

What do you need from the debug?

Thanks

Okay, it works. The `tc:clean` leaves the processed text in the clipboard so the user can select text to remove and paste it themselves. I use that a lot to first look at it in the clipboard before pasting.

`tc:fulla` will paste it into the topmost application. This can be ran by a hotkey to take the current selection, process it, and paste it in the place of the selection. You will have to set the hotkey yourself. That is very handy for processing that we don’t have to inspect first.

The debugger showed the text you were passing around. That is way it has a lot of data. Try it out on small data first to get used to the different triggers.

Edited by raguay.customct
spelling mistake

Unfortunately doesn't.

Image 1 is what is on the Textcleaner clipboard.

image.thumb.png.d4695c399bd91daaaa789c43d685e027.png

Image 2 is the text selected:

image.png.d840a2ec4414b8444265849042d67463.png

I then run tc:full

All I see is a google search.

image.png.f60c9d4465500b4adc073aef9045ce45.png

This workflow is really important to me as I do a lot of TC transformations.

My current environement is this:

image.png.0aa34b3efab8f0245cdd3c41d6ec704d.png

So sorry being a bother - thanks for helping me.

Andrew

I’m sorry, you miss understood my last comment. You have to use the hotkey (you have to set it yourself in the workflow) in order to copy the selection into the cleaner. It will not show inside of the TextSoap program, but will be in your clipboard.

`tc:full` and `tc:fulla` uses the text in the current system clipboard. You then select the cleaner. `tc:fulla` will then paste the result into the topmost application while `tc:full` leaves it in the system clipboard. A keyword in the Alfred Prompt isn’t able to acquire the current selection. Only a hotkey can do that.

I don’t understand why your first inquiry shows tc:full showing your cleaners, but the latest picture doesn’t show any. Did you change something? In my config using TextSoap 9, the agents name is textsoapAgent.app. I don’t remember the other versions names were. It looks to me that you have it set to the TextSoap.app itself which will not work. You have to have it set to the name of your TextSoap Agent (which means it needs to be running on your system as well). You have to download it separately (See the Agent tab in the TextSoap configuration).

Spelling

Run the `tc:seteditor` command. Start typing the name of your editor you want to use. It should show it in the dropdown area. Select the editor you would like to use and then you can use the `tc:editlist` to edit the list of you most used cleaners.

• 3 months later...

Hi! First I just wanted to say I love your workflow, I've been using it for a long time, thank you.

With TextSoap, I only ever use two custom cleaners. I wonder if it's possible to change 'tc: fulla' to trigger a specific cleaner trough a hotkey, instead of showing a list of all cleaners available. Is that doable? I don't have a lot of knowledge in programming.

If you download the new version for Alfred 5:  https://github.com/raguay/MyAlfred/blob/master/Alfred 5/TextSoap Cleaners 9.alfredworkflow

The topmost hotkey shows how you can make a hotkey for a particular cleaner. Just put the cleaner name in the "Text" parameter. Also, if you check the "paste" toggle, it will automatically paste into the top application.