Two workflows side by side that copies into clipboard copies out of order!

I created two workflows to help me do some work. One goes through a list of numbers from a file and pushes the next number to the clipboard. Then I have a hotkey triggered workflow that takes the clipboard and creates a URL from the number found there. When it pushes to the clipboard, it will then push it to the second clipboard area and not the first. The first still has the number from the first workflow. Somehow it is getting the clipboard wrong. I only see this happen with two workflows side by side. If I do one workflow, change program focus, do the next workflow, then the clipboard has the proper ordering! Very confusing. Or, if I do the first workflow, view the clipboard with command alt c, do the second workflow, and then the clipboard has the correct thing.

The first workflow is my Next Item workflow that can be found here: https://github.com/raguay/MyAlfred/blob/master/NextItem.alfredworkflow.

I create a set of ID for posts in WordPress and setup the list with the NextItem workflow. Then I created a hotkey workflow that takes the clipboard, and then set the clipboard with the edit post url for WordPress using the ID from the clipboard. I can give you that workflow, but it is one among many hotkey assignments I have in one workflow I call "My Hotkeys". I simply have the hotkey passing the clipboard to a copy in to clipboard action with the {query} item inside the URL for editing that post ID. 

If I do the first workflow, then the second workflow, then look at the clipboard with alt-cmd-c but not commit it, everything looks good, but the second one is pasted with ctrl-v (the results from the first workflow). If I look at the clipboard with alt-cmd-c and hit enter (which basically commits it), then the ctrl-v paste action will paste the correct thing. It is like a rase condition that setting the clipboard overcomes!

OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)

Alfred 2 v2.0.5 (202)

Let me know if you need more information.

Richard

Edited by raguay.customct

Let me know if you need more information.

Richard

As this is a moderately complex workflow, and Alfred runs things as you see them (with scripts running off the main thread), I am going to move this to the workflow help subforum to see if somebody can spot the issue you are having.

If this can be simplified into a few step workflow which exhibits a clear issue (as there won't be a way for me to reproduce anything with the given workflow), I can move it back into the bug subforum.