How to package a workflow manually with shell command?

I have a workflow which is cloned from github. I want to package the workflow using shell command instead of "export" in the preferences panel.

I've tried zip and tar to archive the code but it doesn't work. What is strange is that I can extract the normal .alfredworkflow files if I change their file type to .zip or .tar.

So is there any way to archive the workflow using command? 

I have a workflow which is cloned from github. I want to package the workflow using shell command instead of "export" in the preferences panel.

I've tried zip and tar to archive the code but it doesn't work. What is strange is that I can extract the normal .alfredworkflow files if I change their file type to .zip or .tar.

So is there any way to archive the workflow using command? 

This should be possible. I just took a workflow that I had (since I didn't know where to quickly find one in github) and exported it to my desktop. I then dropped to a terminal and did the following..

cd ~/Desktop
cp Sample.alfredworkflow Sample.zip
unzip Sample.zip

Which makes a copy of the workflow with the extension changed to .zip and then I unzip it. Then I...

zip Newworkflow.zip icon.png info.plist
mv Newworkflow.zip Newworkflow.alfredworkflow

To zip the contents of the workflow up in a new zip file called Newworkflow.zip, and then renamed that to Newworkflow.alfredworkflow. I then double clicked the new icon on the Desktop and it opened and imported into Alfred as expected. So, no, there isn't anything special to it. Are you sure that all files that there that are needed?

Thanks for your reply. I found my mistaken. The special thing is that I should run the zip command in the project directory instead of in the parent directory. I didn't realise that until I saw you code.

And everything works well now, thanks.