Is there a way to disable the Clipboard

Yes that seems to do it. 

Thanks.

This other company that makes iclipboard felt one of my other programs that has a clipboard feature might be causing a problem with iClipboard. I seemed to isolate it to Alfred but I'm not sure. Anyway, I thought if I turn off Alfred's clipboard feature rather than not running Alfred I'll see if this supposed conflict is eliminated. The iClipboard people are saying that if I can isolate the clipboard software that is causing the interference then by not running it the conflict will go away. I don't want to not run Alfred so I'll see if this does the trick or if even Alfred is the one. It's tricky testing these things to isolate for sure which is causing the problem.

Thanks David

Yes that seems to do it. 

Thanks.

This other company that makes iclipboard felt one of my other programs that has a clipboard feature might be causing a problem with iClipboard. I seemed to isolate it to Alfred but I'm not sure. Anyway, I thought if I turn off Alfred's clipboard feature rather than not running Alfred I'll see if this supposed conflict is eliminated. The iClipboard people are saying that if I can isolate the clipboard software that is causing the interference then by not running it the conflict will go away. I don't want to not run Alfred so I'll see if this does the trick or if even Alfred is the one. It's tricky testing these things to isolate for sure which is causing the problem.

Thanks David

Not sure from the response if you actually found the setting but if you go to Alfred's Prefs->Features->Clipboard there is an option at the top that is titled Clipboard History. Says Persist for <dropbox>. Just untick that option. That turns off the clipboard history feature.

• 8 years later...
2 hours ago, halfmoonhalf said:

I am having roughly the same issue.

but cannot find the option "Persist for <dropbox>" to untick.

How can I disable the clipboard feature totally? thanks!

The thread above refers to an older version of Alfred, before there were multiple content types Alfred could save to clipboard for you.

In Alfred 4, go to Alfred's Preferences > Features > Clipboard History, you'll see three checkboxes.

Uncheck these boxes and, optionally, select the Clipboard Viewer hotkey field and press backspace to clear the hotkey.

Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 10.43.21.png

Cheers,
Vero