Spinning wheel on "Startup: launch Alfred at login" when MAS opened

borisy

1. Open Mac App Store

2. Launch Alfred with hot key (cmd + space)

3. Hit cmd + , to launch Alfred Preferences

4. Click General tab

You will this this:

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-04%20at%201.45.2

I can reproduce it each time Im relaunching Mac App Store. On the first time my MAS even crashed.

So maybe sandboxing is not so bad? It's weird when app you bought can crash other system apps.

:)  Ironically, MAS and Alfred don't like each other.

1. Open Mac App Store

4. Click General tab

You will this this:

I can reproduce it each time Im relaunching Mac App Store. On the first time my MAS even crashed.

So maybe sandboxing is not so bad? It's weird when app you bought can crash other system apps.

I cannot reproduce this; I'm using Alfred 2.0.6 (203) on OS X 10.8.4 (12E55).

As for sandboxing: while it would be very nice if Alfred were on the Mac App Store, this simply cannot be done with Alfred's current integration into OS X. The Alfred blog explains this quite nicely in Alfred Powerpack and the Mac App Store (Or Not) and Gatekeeper: Alfred and the Future of OS X.

From what I'm reading, Alfred really wants to be friends with the Mac App Store; it just can't happen with the current restrictions of sandboxing :(

Cheers :)

1. Open Mac App Store

4. Click General tab

You will this this:

I am also unable to reproduce this.

If you say the Mac App Store crashed once, there is nothing Alfred would or even could do to make a system app crash, so there is something more fundamentally broken on your Mac somewhere.

First thing to try is to fix your OS X permissions. You can do this in Disk Utility.app by selecting your drive then clicking "Repair disk permissions" button. Then try manually adding Alfred to your startup items in OS X's Users & Groups > Login Items. If this works, then you should see the tickbox also ticked in Alfred's General prefs.

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to the help subforum]

First thing to try is to fix your OS X permissions. You can do this in Disk Utility.app by selecting your drive then clicking "Repair disk permissions" button. Then try manually adding Alfred to your startup items in OS X's Users & Groups > Login Items. If this works, then you should see the tickbox also ticked in Alfred's General prefs.

Thanks, I will try and I will report on my results.

Edited by borisy

• 5 months later...