1password — just open app, don't direct to url

Alfred doesn't support navigating to a specific area of the keychain like that. Not sure if any kind of integration will make it to Alfred or not but, 1Password 4 does have a new feature that somewhat replaces the previous 1Password menubar icon called 1Password Mini. You can set a hotkey to it and search through your keychain and see your passwords there (assuming that it's unlocked of course)

• 4 months later...

Hi, wondering if there's been an update here or if you can expand on how to set up a 1Password Mini hotkey to do this (if that solves my problem).

I have lots of passwords in 1password that are not necessarily associated with websites.  Ex. a password for my VPN application.

I see the name of the password in Alfred, but when I click, nothing happens.  I want to do like a command-click, so that I can just copy the password (or open it in 1password and copy it there) and then paste it into my VPN (etc).

Is there a shortcut/workflow like that that will enable you to just copy the password to your clipboard, not try to open a webpage?

Hi, wondering if there's been an update here or if you can expand on how to set up a 1Password Mini hotkey to do this (if that solves my problem).

I have lots of passwords in 1password that are not necessarily associated with websites.  Ex. a password for my VPN application.

I see the name of the password in Alfred, but when I click, nothing happens.  I want to do like a command-click, so that I can just copy the password (or open it in 1password and copy it there) and then paste it into my VPN (etc).

Is there a shortcut/workflow like that that will enable you to just copy the password to your clipboard, not try to open a webpage?

Alfred's 1Password functionality is limited to launching urls saved in the login items section of 1Password only. That being said, I'm not entirely sure how you are seeing the result item that you are mentioning unless its something that is incorrectly categorized in 1Password.

• 7 months later...

I would like to see the ability to do "1p gmai" and it will open 1Password 4 with that search term pre-populated. Might have to keyboard maestro that based on this forum post

For something like this, wouldn't it be easier to just use 1Password Mini instead of scripting something to do it?

• 1 month later...