fncll

Hotkey to launch an existing worklow?

How can I assign a hotkey to an existing workflow? What I mean is, I have a pocket workflow that takes an argument of a URL and drops it into pocket. I'd like to be able to highlight a URL, press the hotkey, and have it drop that URL into pocket using (I think this is what I want!) the existing workflow.

How can I assign a hotkey to an existing workflow? What I mean is, I have a pocket workflow that takes an argument of a URL and drops it into pocket. I'd like to be able to highlight a URL, press the hotkey, and have it drop that URL into pocket using (I think this is what I want!) the existing workflow.

This sounds like a job for the Hotkey object

To add this trigger to your Pocket workflow:

1. Select the workflow in Alfred Preferences
  2. Hit the + button in the upper right; select Triggers > Hotkey
  3. If the pulldown sheet does not appear, double click the new hotkey object to edit it
  4. Enter the hotkey combo you want to use (e.g. ⌘⌥⇧P)
  5. Set the Argument to 'Selection in OS X'
  6. Connect your new hotkey to the workflow. Note: If you want it to activate the workflow without Alfred's popup, make sure you bypass the keyword (or other Input) and connect directly to the next Action object

Cheers :)