Explain a shell command by searching on explainshell.com

The line <title>Explain {query} </title> will give a lot of trouble, and be not very usable. The results are displayed via XML, and you’re displaying what the user types without much escaping. This is somewhat important in this case, since there are a lot of characters that can be used in commands (such as & and < for redirection, or " for quoting) that immediately break your workflow.

The line <title>Explain {query} </title> will give a lot of trouble, and be not very usable. The results are displayed via XML, and you’re displaying what the user types without much escaping. This is somewhat important in this case, since there are a lot of characters that can be used in commands (such as & and < for redirection, or " for quoting) that immediately break your workflow.

Thanks for the tip. I was trying to do something fancy but, well, will just use the simple keyword input instead.

Your new download link is broken (tip, if you add a + to the end of any droplr url, it’ll make a direct link to the file (i.e., in this case it’ll start the download immediately, instead of directing you to the page).

Thanks for the tip. I was trying to do something fancy but, well, will just use the simple keyword input instead.

You can still use {query} on the Keyword input. It’ll work even better, since there’s no need for escaping, and it’ll be less prone to error, since Script Filters run each time the text changes, which means that if someone is too fast typing and the hitting ↩, it may pass an incomplete argument.

Your new download link is broken (tip, if you add a + to the end of any droplr url, it’ll make a direct link to the file (i.e., in this case it’ll start the download immediately, instead of directing you to the page).

You can still use {query} on the Keyword input. It’ll work even better, since there’s no need for escaping, and it’ll be less prone to error, since Script Filters run each time the text changes, which means that if someone is too fast typing and the hitting ↩, it may pass an incomplete argument.

Thanks again… the link works now. Somehow there was an additional white space in the URL.