Cannot access System Preferences in Alfred

vzb

I have never been able to access any of my OS system preferences from Alfred.

I have ensured that the "Preferences" is checked under "Essentials". To do my own troubleshooting, I have unchecked that before, quit alfred, and then restarted my computer, restarted alfred and then tried again all to no avail.

I'm used to just trashing preferences in these scenarios, however, I do not want to lose all my precious Alfred settings, folders to search, file types to index, etc. Are there other options that I'm just overlooking?

I'm running 10.8.4 and running Alfred 2.0.7 (although this has been an issue since v1 I believe). FWIW I had originally downloaded Alfred from the App Store.

Thanks.

Edited by vzb

I have never been able to access any of my OS system preferences from Alfred.

I have ensured that the "Preferences" is checked under "Essentials". To do my own troubleshooting, I have unchecked that before, quit alfred, and then restarted my computer, restarted alfred and then tried again all to no avail.

I'm used to just trashing preferences in these scenarios, however, I do not want to lose all my precious Alfred settings, folders to search, file types to index, etc. Are there other options that I'm just overlooking?

I'm running 10.8.4 and running Alfred 2.0.7 (although this has been an issue since v1 I believe). FWIW I had originally downloaded Alfred from the App Store.

Thanks.

Have you tried reindexing your OS X metadata, as this almost always fixes problems like this :)

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to help subforum]

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately that did not fix the problem. I even went through the terminal and did the `sudo mdutil -E /` in case they were different things to no avail.

What's next?

Try forcing a low level reindex using this method:

http://skillzdesign.com/blog/clarifies/forcing-spotlight-reindexing-using-terminal/

Then make sure that the folder containing the preferences are still in Alfred's search scope (reset the search scope if in doubt)

before re-indexing I reset the search scope and tried to find a prefpane in Alfred and it shows up now! Something must have been accidentally removed a long time ago in my scope. Thank you!

I love the app and use it about 30 times a day! So helpful!

before re-indexing I reset the search scope and tried to find a prefpane in Alfred and it shows up now! Something must have been accidentally removed a long time ago in my scope. Thank you!

I love the app and use it about 30 times a day! So helpful!

Great! Glad you are sorted now :)