Issue with preference reset on restart

Hi 

I have tried repairing disk permissions, resetting alfred to defaults, and even reinstalling alfred

http://support.alfredapp.com/kb:persisting-preferences

however, I am still unable to have any preferences saved. Everything resets upon a restart and I do not use the dropbox sync function. This was never a problem when I was using alfred. 

Anyone able to help me with this? Is this something to do with some missing file or smth?

Thanks!

Hi 

I have tried repairing disk permissions, resetting alfred to defaults, and even reinstalling alfred

http://support.alfredapp.com/kb:persisting-preferences

however, I am still unable to have any preferences saved. Everything resets upon a restart and I do not use the dropbox sync function. This was never a problem when I was using alfred. 

Anyone able to help me with this? Is this something to do with some missing file or smth?

Thanks!

Are you using any kind of disk cleanup type app that my be erasing Alfred's preferences? Also, could you try creating a new user account and signing into it and trying to save settings. See if there is something specific about your current account that may be causing the issue.

I've tried creating a new user account and still have the reset issues. Yea i use cleanapp and have also suspected that it might have done that when i deleted alfred 1. However, I was thinking if a reinstallation will help to restore the app. Unfortunately it still doesn't work. 

Alfred doesn't delete the preferences so there will be something doing this outside of Alfred's control. Have you tried repairing OS X's disk permissions in Disk Utility.app? If so, try setting the sync folder to somewhere on your local drive such as ~/Documents then delete the Alfred preferences from Dropbox manually. Once things are working as expected, sync back to Dropbox and wait until it's fully synced before setting up syncing on another Mac.

I've tried repairing disk permissions. And also I don't synchronize it with dropbox. So I can't seem to figure out whats the problem. So frustrating...Haha

Very strange indeed - Do you have an odd setup for your home folder or home drive, such as symlinking to a separate drive?

Could you try setting the sync folder to a local folder anyway, such as ~/Documents

• 2 weeks later...