Toggl workflow

On 6/27/2019 at 10:59 AM, jason0x43 said:

A new release has been posted to GitHub, and should show up on Packal shortly. Give that a try.

Thank you very much for your effort Jason, I just downloaded and tried your new workflow, I reset my data and run it on Alfred 4, but still it's not working, popup window says "Error: exit status 1"

Would you please help to advise if I miss anything? 

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

this is probably my most heavily used workflow, so I've noticed in the last week or so it has gotten extremely slow to load everything. It's effectively quicker to just use the Toggl desktop app, which is much less pleasant than using this workflow. Using Mac 10.15.2.

Edited by dustying

Try opening up Alfred's preferences, then go to Workflows -> Toggl, and click the "debug" icon in the upper right of the preferences window. Try getting the status of your active timers (`tgl timers`) and look at the messages that show up in the debug pane.  Testing myself (which may not say much since I haven't use Toggl in a while so I have no active tasks), the GET request to toggl.com to load the timers takes 1-2 seconds. Using `tgl timers` again within a short time should use the cache and not make a new GET request.

Is the GET request taking a long time, or does it look like it might be something else?

Thanks for the reply! 

I'm not a programmer at all, so I'm not sure what I'm looking for in the debugging window. Really it's starting and stopping timers and selecting projects that take a long time now. I'll select stop or start and it takes like 5-7 seconds to execute that command, same for when I'm trying to assign a task to a project, it takes a few seconds for the projects list to show up and then a few more seconds for the window to disappear after I've made the selection. Or pressing Continue timer when I'm coming back from a break or switching tasks or something. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've searched this topic already, because I thought his might be an obvious use case.

I mostly switch between tracking 2-3 projects, therefore I often just need to continue the last timer.

My current understanding is that the fastest way possible to do so is:

tgl p
enter
select my project
go to "Time entries..."
down arrow
enter
go all the way down to "continue"

Isn't there a faster way to just continue the last timer with the same project?

12 hours ago, Karl87 said:

I've searched this topic already, because I thought his might be an obvious use case.

I mostly switch between tracking 2-3 projects, therefore I often just need to continue the last timer.

My current understanding is that the fastest way possible to do so is:

tgl p
enter
select my project
go to "Time entries..."
down arrow
enter
go all the way down to "continue"

Isn't there a faster way to just continue the last timer with the same project?

Yes, that was the way I was using, but now it seems to be 

tgt

wait......

select task

wait......

timer started. 

And sometimes there's not a wait to pull up recent timers, but always a wait to action any task/timer, the bast two months or so. 

• 11 months later...