It is taking a long time for results to display

I don't remember when this started, whether it was when I upgraded from )SX 10.7.5 to 10.8.4 or if there was some other issue, but when I type something into Afred v2 now, sometimes it takes about 5 to 10 seconds for results to display.  Not always, but sometimes.

I am running a 27" iMac purchased around 2011 with a 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i5 processor and 8 GB RAM and tons of extra storage.  This was never an issue before.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what could cause this or any troubleshooting steps?  Is there something I should uncheck in Spotlight searches?

Thanks,

I don't remember when this started, whether it was when I upgraded from )SX 10.7.5 to 10.8.4 or if there was some other issue, but when I type something into Afred v2 now, sometimes it takes about 5 to 10 seconds for results to display.  Not always, but sometimes.

I am running a 27" iMac purchased around 2011 with a 2.7 Ghz Intel Core i5 processor and 8 GB RAM and tons of extra storage.  This was never an issue before.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what could cause this or any troubleshooting steps?  Is there something I should uncheck in Spotlight searches?

Thanks,

Have you tried reindexing your machine to make sure that there isn't some corrupt metadata that may be causing issues? The ability to reindex is available in the Alfred preferences under the Advanced tab.