Keywords for workflows bring up Internet Search

Raygun

I am having an issue with workflows that you type after entering the keyword. (From downloaded workflows, in particular http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/917-reminders/ and the Rdio one.) What happens is:

1. I type the keyword (I'll use the reminders as an example)

- radd (to add a reminder)

2. Press space

- It immediatly changes from the workflow to searching the web

3. Back to Step 1.

- Press enter

- It processes for a second

- It brings up web search.

It is the same with Rdio any time I enter any info it goes to web search. What is wrong? Am I dumb or do I have a real issue.

Edited by Raygun

I am having an issue with workflows that you type after entering the keyword. (From downloaded workflows, in particular http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/917-reminders/ and the Rdio one.) What happens is:

1. I type the keyword (I'll use the reminders as an example)

- radd (to add a reminder)

2. Press space

- It immediatly changes from the workflow to searching the web

3. Back to Step 1.

- Press enter

- It processes for a second

- It brings up web search.

It is the same with Rdio any time I enter any info it goes to web search. What is wrong? Am I dumb or do I have a real issue.

Sounds as if the scripts that run when you execute those keywords are failing for some reason. I'm not sure what language the Reminders workflow is done in but I know that Rdio is done in PHP. It generates XML to show the list of results. If you enter something that causes an error in the script (foreign character or something), the script doesn't generate the XML output and Alfred considers that to be "no results" and goes to the fallback (web search).

Are you having issues with multiple workflows (aside from these two)? Just trying to figure out where the problem may be.

I looked at those scripts and they both give improper xml for a "no results".  Therefore, it is the script writer that needs to fix them. But, both cases, if you start typing something that will match, then the output is normal.

This isn't necessarily the fault of the script/author. As mentioned in my previous reply, the Rdio one was written in PHP. Not sure about the other one (depending on which one he's using), it could be PHP as well. We've come across users that their default PHP installation was messed up. Or, as mentioned, it could be an issue with a foreign character. There are several things that could be the source.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...