1Password icon displaying Windows (Parallels) App

morganbt

Alfred Version 2.0.8

I am running Windows in Parallels on a Mac running OS X 10.8.4.

I have 1Password (Mac) and 1Password (Windows) installed. In Parallels, I have "Share Windows applications with Mac" enabled such that my windows apps are accessible to run directly from the mac.

Alfred is detecting my Parallels - Windows version of 1Password and using the icon from that instance of 1Password. Thus in Alfred and all search, it indicates that the link will be opened in parallels. It does still correctly launches the URL on the Mac OS, but does not automatically launch the password prompt after my browser is opened. That may be a 1Password issue.

I have screen shots showing the incorrect icon in Alfred as well as the configuration in parallels that shares the windows applications with mac if that would be useful and there is a way to upload then.

• 2 weeks later...

Alfred Version 2.0.8

I am running Windows in Parallels on a Mac running OS X 10.8.4.

I have 1Password (Mac) and 1Password (Windows) installed. In Parallels, I have "Share Windows applications with Mac" enabled such that my windows apps are accessible to run directly from the mac.

Alfred is detecting my Parallels - Windows version of 1Password and using the icon from that instance of 1Password. Thus in Alfred and all search, it indicates that the link will be opened in parallels. It does still correctly launches the URL on the Mac OS, but does not automatically launch the password prompt after my browser is opened. That may be a 1Password issue.

I have screen shots showing the incorrect icon in Alfred as well as the configuration in parallels that shares the windows applications with mac if that would be useful and there is a way to upload then.

This is a bit of an odd one as Alfred simply asks OS X for the icon and for some reason, on your Mac, OS X thinks the Parallels 1Password is the correct one. I'll take a look into what I can do to work around this.

One thing you could do is turn off Parallels from exporting the app proxies which would remove the windows 1Password app from OS X.

Could you let me know the full path to your 1Password OS X proxy app for Parallels?

Cheers,

Andrew