Strip formatting from clipboard text

David

Hi, this is probably the shortest and easiest workflow ever but i thought i'd post it anyway in case anyone finds it useful aswell. It simply removes the formatting from the text on the clipboard.

So, if you copy some text from Firefox and paste it in an E-mail, often the pasted text will have a different font/text size/bold,italic formatting than the alredy present text in your e-mail.

To solve this i use "Cmd + C" , "Alfred -> Strclip" , "Cmd + V", and the text will now be pasted with the correct formatting.

There's also a native OS X shortcut for this (Cmd + Alt + Shift + V), however it doesn't work in a lot of Applications (for example Pages) and also... pressing those 4 buttons is nearly impossible :)

----

EDIT: added option to "strip and paste".

Download: https://github.com/notDavid/alfred-workflow-stripClipboardFormatting/raw/master/Alfred-Strip.clipboard.text.formatting.alfredworkflow

Github source: https://github.com/notDavid/alfred-workflow-stripClipboardFormatting

Screenshot.png

Edited by David
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

@timzter It's worth pointing out that this is a very old thread, and pasting as plain text from Alfred's clipboard is a built-in feature.

Workflows > [+] at the bottom of the sidebar > Examples > Clipboard will give you a few built-in workflows. The top left one can be set to a hotkey to paste the clipboard content as plain text. :)

Cheers,
Vero

• 1 month later...

I do not use any workflow to paste plain text:

I configured Alfred's Clipboard History as follows:

• Vierwer Hotkey: ⌘ Double Tab
  • Pasting: Auto-Paste on Return.

That's all I need to make me happy:

1. ⌘C to copy to clipboard
  2. Go to Target
  3. ⌘ double tab, choose from Clipboard history and hit emter