Alfred setting files seem not working

geekdada

I ues Alfred for a long time, but this weird problem occurred today.

When I fired Alfred after I start my computer today, I found the theme was not the one I used, so I went to the setting panel then found every custom theme disappeared. I use Dropbox for backing up, it shows that two prefs.plist were modified couple minutes ago. Those two files were located in /Alfred.alfredpreferences/preferences/appearance and /Alfred.alfredpreferences/preferences/features/websearch, so all custom web search were gone, I don't even know who did this!

The weird thing came up, I restored the old prefs.plist from Dropbox, restarted Alfred, nothing happened... Then I found every move I made in the Alfred Preferences would back to default after I restarting Alfred Preferences. I delete Alfred through App Zapper and reinstall, set a new sync folder and restore the whole Alfred.alfredpreferences but nothing help...

This is driving me crazy...

I still got the old and before-nothing-happened Alfred.alfredpreferences.

I'm using OS X 10.5 and the latest version of Alfred.

Edited by geekdada

I ues Alfred for a long time, but this weird problem occurred today.

When I fired Alfred after I start my computer today, I found the theme was not the one I used, so I went to the setting panel then found every custom theme disappeared. I use Dropbox for backing up, it shows that two prefs.plist were modified couple minutes ago. Those two files were located in /Alfred.alfredpreferences/preferences/appearance and /Alfred.alfredpreferences/preferences/features/websearch, so all custom web search were gone, I don't even know who did this!

The weird thing came up, I restored the old prefs.plist from Dropbox, restarted Alfred, nothing happened... Then I found every move I made in the Alfred Preferences would back to default after I restarting Alfred Preferences. I delete Alfred through App Zapper and reinstall, set a new sync folder and restore the whole Alfred.alfredpreferences but nothing help...

This is driving me crazy...

I still got the old and before-nothing-happened Alfred.alfredpreferences.

I'm using OS X 10.5 and the latest version of Alfred.

Could you verify which version of OS X you are using, as 10.5 isn't supported.

[moving to Help sub-forum]

Cheers,

Andrew

Could you try turning off syncing or syncing somewhere outside of Dropbox temporarily to see if the issue goes away?

I delete it completely, reinstall, leave the sync default (see pic below).

%E6%88%AA%E5%B1%8F9_30_13_7_19_PM.jpg

I do some tweak.

%E6%88%AA%E5%B1%8F9_30_13_7_17_PM.jpg

Close the Alfred Preferences window, re-open it.

%E6%88%AA%E5%B1%8F9_30_13_7_18_PM.jpg

I delete it completely, reinstall, leave the sync default (see pic below).

Could you please set the sync folder to your Documents folder in your home folder, then quit Alfred and delete Alfred.alfredpreferences.

Start Alfred again and the settings should be reset (apart from the sync setting which should still be ~/Documents/). Check that Alfred.alfredpreferences has been recreated in your Documents folder. If so, check to see if settings are persisted.

Cheers,
Andrew

Could you please set the sync folder to your Documents folder in your home folder, then quit Alfred and delete Alfred.alfredpreferences.

Start Alfred again and the settings should be reset (apart from the sync setting which should still be ~/Documents/). Check that Alfred.alfredpreferences has been recreated in your Documents folder. If so, check to see if settings are persisted.

Cheers,
Andrew

I followed your way, but didn't help. So I decided to reboot my Mac, BANG, all back to normal...

I should've done this earlier...

Anyway, thank you all so so so much, Alfred is still the best app on my Mac.  :D