Sync - Mac Migration

theade

Hi there

I'm in the process of moving to a new mac and having trouble syncing my Alfred settings. I'm moving from Alfred 1.3.2 on OSX 10.6.8 to 2.0.8 on OSX 10.8.4. I tried pointing the new client to the dropbox folder set up on the old machine, nothing. I moved the Alfred settings folder locally to the new machine, changed the sync folder, nothing - I point Alfred to the folder, click "Set folder and restart Alfred", it restarts, but I still have no snippets or anything else. I checked the contents of the snippets.alfdb file and it's definitely the one I want.

A quick response would be awesome if poss as I'm losing time!!

Thanks guys!

Ade

Hi there

I'm in the process of moving to a new mac and having trouble syncing my Alfred settings. I'm moving from Alfred 1.3.2 on OSX 10.6.8 to 2.0.8 on OSX 10.8.4. I tried pointing the new client to the dropbox folder set up on the old machine, nothing. I moved the Alfred settings folder locally to the new machine, changed the sync folder, nothing - I point Alfred to the folder, click "Set folder and restart Alfred", it restarts, but I still have no snippets or anything else. I checked the contents of the snippets.alfdb file and it's definitely the one I want.

A quick response would be awesome if poss as I'm losing time!!

Thanks guys!

Ade

Alfred 2 was a completely new app with a new structure for how the preferences were stored. Have you tried using the button in the General Alfred 2 preferences to import settings from v1?

Hey thanks for getting back to me.

I must be going crazy, or I'm a bit dim, cos I can't find that button. In the general tab, I have startup at launch; hotkey; where are you; shutdown. On the right I have the welcome message. I've looked everywhere else, I can't find a V1 import button.

Hey thanks for getting back to me.

I must be going crazy, or I'm a bit dim, cos I can't find that button. In the general tab, I have startup at launch; hotkey; where are you; shutdown. On the right I have the welcome message. I've looked everywhere else, I can't find a V1 import button.

The v1 settings import button is in Alfred 2's General preferences, but only when the v1 settings can be found - this generally means when v1 is installed. The best thing to do is install Alfred 2 on a Mac where v1 is installed and setup, then install v2 and migrate the settings. You can then delete v1.

Cheers,

Andrew