Possible to trigger "Please wait" subtext

I'm creating a workflow that essentially just runs a python script like this with /bin/bash

python command.py "{query}"

The workflow is with space and argument optional (just so it runs immediately after typing the keyword).

The problem I am having is that my {query} can be a number of different things which generate different feedback and some of those things involve fetching remote data. Is there anyway to trigger the "please wait" subtext to show while this data is fetching? Currently it only displays between typing `keyword` and the first time I generate feedback. I was hoping it would be possible to do something like this (the workflow is for a task management and team chat API where a user can have multiple teams):

"keyword"

1. Fetching data...

Then generate feedback:

1. Autocomplete TEAM_NAME1

2. Autocomplete TEAM_NAME2

"keyword TEAM_NAME"

1. Fetching data...

Then generate feedback:

1. Autocomplete ACTION1

2. Autocomplete ACTION2

Note: valid team names and stored in the cache and valid actions are stored in the code, so the "Fetching data..." is just grabbing from disk.

"keyword TEAM_NAME ACTION"

1. Fetching data...

Then generate feedback based on remote data:

1. Act on TEAM_NAME ACTION ID1

1. Act on TEAM_NAME ACTION ID2

My code is here if you are curious (sorry Python noob) https://github.com/lukekarrys/andbang-alfred and I am using the alp module https://github.com/phyllisstein/alp.

If this isn't possible, is there a better way to structure my workflow than what I am doing now (which is essentially):

# process query for team and command

if team_is_invalid:
  alp.feedback(valid_teams)
elif team_is_valid and command_is_invalid:
  alp.feedback(valid_commands)
else:
  # need to display waiting message here
  alp.feedback(remote_data_for_team_command)

Edited by lukekarrys