Download workflow here

Instructions

• Type keyword (default is iMessage).
  • Enter contact name followed by ":".
  • Enter the message you wish to send.
  • Press return.

Notes

1. The concept and a few lines of code were taken from this
  2. I wrote this in less than 15 minutes, I plan to make it better later. But as of now this is the only workflow I know of that lets you select the contact and the message from Alfred.

Screenshots

Messages%20Workflow.png

iMessage a Contact

Download workflow here

Instructions

• Type keyword (default is iMessage).
  • Enter contact name followed by ":".
  • Enter the message you wish to send.
  • Press return.

Notes

1. The concept and a few lines of code were taken from this
  2. I wrote this in less than 15 minutes, I plan to make it better later. But as of now this is the only workflow I know of that lets you select the contact and the message from Alfred.

Screenshots

Messages%20Workflow.png

I didn't want to post and you think I was trying to hijack your thread but, I made a little workflow a week or so ago that will look and see which iMessage convo was last updated (so, last one you sent a message to or last one you received a message in) and let you quickly post a message back to that convo from Alfred. If you want it to potentially add to your workflow, I'd be happy to let you have it. Just let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, sorry it took me so long to get back to this, school takes priority.

Don't know how I missed your reply but here ya go..

Download

Awesome! I'll integrate and post an update tonight, thanks.

Hi,

I made a script filter to list all mobile names and phone numbers in your contacts, stemming from user input. Is there any way I could fork your github repo?

Thanks!

I also wrote a filter to do this, the problem is, its fairly useless, as there is no tab to complete and you can only press enter once. 

This actually bugs be a lot, and I plan on making a large blog post detailing how to fix it sometime around thanksgiving when I get a break from college. 

Hi all, sorry it took me so long to get back to this, school takes priority.

Awesome! I'll integrate and post an update tonight, thanks.

I also wrote a filter to do this, the problem is, its fairly useless, as there is no tab to complete and you can only press enter once. 

This actually bugs be a lot, and I plan on making a large blog post detailing how to fix it sometime around thanksgiving when I get a break from college. 

David Ferguson actually wrote a post chaining together workflows here: http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1283-how-to-script-filters-reusing-a-single-script-filter-or-chaining-multiple-together/

I wouldn't mind writing it myself, but I'd find it a little awkward if we put out two extensions on the same topic. Hope this helps you out  :)

I also wrote a filter to do this, the problem is, its fairly useless, as there is no tab to complete and you can only press enter onc

Hi Frostbite,

I also just created a Growl Voice extension, and I was wondering if I could post an extension that combined both my Google voice workflow, your iMessage workflow, a script filter for all of them, and David Ferguson's extension. If not, I can just post my Google voice workflow. 

Thanks!

Nice workflow. Thanks for sharing. 

All my contact names are listed like Firstname Lastname and most is quite long. For me it renders the flow useless when it takes 20 keystrokes just to define the receiver of the message, hehe :) 

Can't wait for a polished iM workflow.