Clipboard - How to delete one or a few clipped content.

politicus

There are clips I use all the time that I want to keep over and over (more than 1 month).

There are clips I use all the time for a certain period of time and then I don't use anymore.

Is there a way to clean the clipboard a more granular way than it is today? 

I could use snippets, but I do not want to spend 30 sec / snippet to define it.

Why not let Alfred users favorites some of their clips.  And when they want to clear their clipboard offer the option "Delete all (favorites clip included)?"

What do you think?

Maybe, this post is more relevant in the feature suggestions  :)

There are clips I use all the time that I want to keep over and over (more than 1 month).

There are clips I use all the time for a certain period of time and then I don't use anymore.

Why not let Alfred users favorites some of their clips.  And when they want to clear their clipboard offer the option "Delete all (favorites clip included)?"

What do you think?

I believe you are correct sir. There currently isn't any way to do this and it is more geared toward the feature request forum.

Thanks for the suggestion. Moving this thread there now.

What do you think?

Having said that, if you want to simply remove one entry from your clipboard history, you can do so by pressing Function + Backspace.

@vero 

Following-up this discussion, about the clips "I don't want to delete ever", don't you think having a "never delete" option would make sense?

If you find the idea interesting, one could have a max number of saved clips, so searching in them would still be very fast. 

Adding a clip is a shortcut away, adding a snippet is, ..., more time consuming  ;)

Plus, I find the way clips expand so cool. That's the reason I really prefer clips to snippets.

@vero 

Following-up this discussion, about the clips "I don't want to delete ever", don't you think having a "never delete" option would make sense?

If you find the idea interesting, one could have a max number of saved clips, so searching in them would still be very fast. 

Adding a clip is a shortcut away, adding a snippet is, ..., more time consuming  ;)

Plus, I find the way clips expand so cool. That's the reason I really prefer clips to snippets.

Clipboard items are volatile and can disappear after the persistence period you've chosen (24hrs to 3 months). You can select an item in your Clipboard with Cmd + C, then create a snippet for it if you want to save it. The added benefit is that snippets are synced between your Macs if you use the sync feature. :)