Programatically create workflows?

I'd like to see an answer to this too (in python). I know that there's a nice PHP package that created workflows, but why in PHP?!?!?!

There's a PHP package to create a workflow? Can you provide a link to this? I'd like to see it. I know there's a PHP class object that assists in performing functions for script filter workflows (mine) but that's all I've seen.

Also, I think you should be able to programmatically make them since it's just an icon and a plist file for the basic workflows. However, all the data required to build the plist is kind of extensive. You would have to pick through one for a while to find all the possible values for different pieces, depending on what it is your wanting to do.

If not "a programmatically create a workflow" feature, a  "duplicate workflow" feature would be very interesting.

What do I mean by that?
I created 20+ keyboard shortcuts with the shift+alt+ctrl+cmd keys to open one url in my default browser.

I would have liked to create one workflow then duplicate it so I would only have had to edit the tittle/subtitle and keyboard shortcut trigger. 

The more complex the workflow is the more the duplicate feature helps  :)

Creating simple workflows (filter files in a system directories, access to preferences panes via a keyboard shortcut, ... ) simplifies our daily

life but having to create them from the start every time is painful (meaning could be way easier). 

If not "a programmatically create a workflow" feature, a  "duplicate workflow" feature would be very interesting.

What do I mean by that?

I created 20+ keyboard shortcuts with the shift+alt+ctrl+cmd keys to open one url in my default browser.

I would have liked to create one workflow then duplicate it so I would only have had to edit the tittle/subtitle and keyboard shortcut trigger. 

The more complex the workflow is the more the duplicate feature helps  :)

Creating simple workflows (filter files in a system directories, access to preferences panes via a keyboard shortcut, ... ) simplifies our daily

life but having to create them from the start every time is painful (meaning could be way easier). 

Creating the workflow you described could be done much easier by using the Templates->Web and URLS->Open URL with hotkey workflow template already available in Alfred.