Searching a shared Network. Please help

Hi There,

I am totally new to Alfred, so i'm not sure how to go about this, but I just thought I would ask because I am sure someone has had the same problem.

In the office we have a mac server with all our files / documents, everything we have ever worked on. On my mac to access this it is located in the shared network.

How can I set Alfred so it searches our Server. Spotlight searches these files fine but its just a bit slow. I have tried adding the folder with Search Scope but the files are not appearing.

Any help on getting this to work would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Hi There,

I am totally new to Alfred, so i'm not sure how to go about this, but I just thought I would ask because I am sure someone has had the same problem.

In the office we have a mac server with all our files / documents, everything we have ever worked on. On my mac to access this it is located in the shared network.

How can I set Alfred so it searches our Server. Spotlight searches these files fine but its just a bit slow. I have tried adding the folder with Search Scope but the files are not appearing.

Any help on getting this to work would be greatly appreciated

Regards

You might find that if Spotlight finds files, but slowly, that these drives only have partial metadata indexed. Alfred should still be able to find files on there though with a file filter in a workflow.

The easiest thing to try is to add the Example "Filter for folders in home", go to the advanced tab of the file filter, and replace the fields there with a 'kMDItemFSName'. Set the search scope to be the volumes, remove the folder type out of the basic setup, and give that a go :)