Open folders in new Finder tab in Mavericks

bummkugel

Hi, since Mavericks introduced tabs in Finder it would be really cool if I could open new folders via "open" and "find" in a new finder tab instead of a completely new finder window.

Since updating to Mavericks I have put finder in fullscreen mode and just open new tabs for new folders, it would be cool if Alfred could help me in this way.

Hi, since Mavericks introduced tabs in Finder it would be really cool if I could open new folders via "open" and "find" in a new finder tab instead of a completely new finder window.

Since updating to Mavericks I have put finder in fullscreen mode and just open new tabs for new folders, it would be cool if Alfred could help me in this way.

I really really would like to see this feature (so much so that I made an account on this forum just to ask for it!). I think an even better way to do it would be to have a checkable option: "By default, Alfred will open folders in new tabs." or something to that effect.

I really really would like to see this feature (so much so that I made an account on this forum just to ask for it!). I think an even better way to do it would be to have a checkable option: "By default, Alfred will open folders in new tabs." or something to that effect.

I agree that would be the perfect solution. And I made this account to suggest the feature, I've been lurking for a while though ;)

Precisely what I'm looking for. I just UN-installed XtraFinder hastily presuming Alfred had the new functionality of Mavericks covered.

Please don't make me reinstall a 3rd party utility just to make Alfred work with Mavericks' finder system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been keeping an eye on this issue and I have a ticket in my bug tracker to keep investigating it, but at the moment, it doesn't look like there is a lightweight API way of achieving this in OS X. If this becomes [satisfactorily] possible, I will definitely add it to Alfred.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Still hoping for this – maybe in Alfred 3? I’m currently using a file action workflow for this which works well and is fast enough for me, but it’d be nicer if it were an inbuilt option / if you could set the workflow as being applied automatically when you open a folder so you don’t have to press tab and select the workflow.

Still hoping for this – maybe in Alfred 3? I’m currently using a file action workflow for this which works well and is fast enough for me, but it’d be nicer if it were an inbuilt option / if you could set the workflow as being applied automatically when you open a folder so you don’t have to press tab and select the workflow.

Can you share that workflow @garblewarble?