Need help with SET SOCKS PROXY workflow I wrote

Hi folks,

I often find myself in an usecure wifi network. I don't want to go though the hassle of building a VPN server and I don't like hotspot shield.
I ssh tunnel to my server and set socks proxy. it's a hassle so I figured many others may like this workflow too.

however, I have a tiny issue. my scripts ask for user's password too many times. if only they could set password in workflow or change script to include the password. It's a shell script.

Get it here
PS: is there any way to ask user to configure this workflow after installing? like setting their ssh user and server?

Edited by hadifarnoud

Hi folks,

I often find myself in an usecure wifi network. I don't want to go though the hassle of building a VPN server and I don't like hotspot shield.

I ssh tunnel to my server and set socks proxy. it's a hassle so I figured many others may like this workflow too.

however, I have a tiny issue. my scripts ask for user's password too many times. if only they could set password in workflow or change script to include the password. It's a shell script.

Get it here

PS: is there any way to ask user to configure this workflow after installing? like setting their ssh user and server?

You could check to see if a config file exists on first run and if it doesn't, skip the execution and open a text file of instructions or display a notification that the workflow needs to be properly configured before it can work?

You could check to see if a config file exists on first run and if it doesn't, skip the execution and open a text file of instructions or display a notification that the workflow needs to be properly configured before it can work?

Thanks. that's the config problem solved.

now, how can I avoid asking user's password every time?