emery99

Mulitple Workflow shortcut requests under Mavericks stack up, waiting for close

I have multiple Workflow scripts that I call with Keywords; these each call a shell script that performs an xterm open command on a given machine/location.  These worked fine every time I called them under Mountain Lion, but under Mavericks they "stack up", allowing only a single one to run at a time.  As soon as I close the first one for a given destination machine (i.e., a single shortcut script), the next one opens.  I cannot have two windows open on the same machine as I could before updating to Mavericks.

Running Alfred v2.1 (218), downloaded today (10/28), still happens.  The odd thing is that different shortcuts will open windows to the different destination machines; only executing the same shortcut causes them to "stack" for that machine.

Example workflow:

"xl" keyword -> "/bin/bash Run Script"; the Script contents are:

cd ~

/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -ls -geometry 120x60

I tried adding a "&" at the end of the xterm line, but that did not help.  I also tried using /bin/zsh, but same thing happens.

Any ideas?

If there is a better way to do this, I'm all ears, but this worked fine in v2 before my Mavericks installation.

Thanks,

--Rich

I have multiple Workflow scripts that I call with Keywords; these each call a shell script that performs an xterm open command on a given machine/location.  These worked fine every time I called them under Mountain Lion, but under Mavericks they "stack up", allowing only a single one to run at a time.  As soon as I close the first one for a given destination machine (i.e., a single shortcut script), the next one opens.  I cannot have two windows open on the same machine as I could before updating to Mavericks.

Running Alfred v2.1 (218), downloaded today (10/28), still happens.  The odd thing is that different shortcuts will open windows to the different destination machines; only executing the same shortcut causes them to "stack" for that machine.

Example workflow:

"xl" keyword -> "/bin/bash Run Script"; the Script contents are:

cd ~

/usr/X11R6/bin/xterm -ls -geometry 120x60

I tried adding a "&" at the end of the xterm line, but that did not help.  I also tried using /bin/zsh, but same thing happens.

Any ideas?

If there is a better way to do this, I'm all ears, but this worked fine in v2 before my Mavericks installation.

Thanks,

--Rich

Hi Rich, As this is an issue with Mavericks and workflows, rather than an Alfred bug, I've moved this to the Workflows Help & questions so that other workflow developers can help you out. :)