Ordering of results in file search - not recent?

I posted this in someone's thread about unrelated mavericks problems, so I thought I'd post here again.

Even since updating to OS X Mavericks, Alfred's file search has lost its magic for me. The results used to be ordered in a relevant manner and Alfred used to magically pick the 10 files I most likely had in mind with a partial query. That is no longer the case since updating to Mavericks. I get random files that I havent opened in years. 

As a concrete example:

'pdf - used to give the most recently opened pdfs in alfred

'pdf - now gives random pdfs..  

Worse, Alfred doesn't seem to be learning! I open some pdfs by extended 'pdf into a more precise query, say 'pdf docA .. and it never learns! docA isnt shown the next time i type 'pdf... 

The same problem extends to filenames (not just extensions) and everything else.. it is quite annoying to have my workflow interrupted like this. Does anyone know what went wrong? I must note that I did update Alfred right after installing Mavericks a couple of days ago. I also have Alfred installed on my work desktop  (that I havent used in weeks) with dropbox sync.

I posted this in someone's thread about unrelated mavericks problems, so I thought I'd post here again.

Even since updating to OS X Mavericks, Alfred's file search has lost its magic for me. The results used to be ordered in a relevant manner and Alfred used to magically pick the 10 files I most likely had in mind with a partial query. That is no longer the case since updating to Mavericks. I get random files that I havent opened in years. 

As a concrete example:

'pdf - used to give the most recently opened pdfs in alfred

'pdf - now gives random pdfs..  

Worse, Alfred doesn't seem to be learning! I open some pdfs by extended 'pdf into a more precise query, say 'pdf docA .. and it never learns! docA isnt shown the next time i type 'pdf... 

The same problem extends to filenames (not just extensions) and everything else.. it is quite annoying to have my workflow interrupted like this. Does anyone know what went wrong? I must note that I did update Alfred right after installing Mavericks a couple of days ago. I also have Alfred installed on my work desktop  (that I havent used in weeks) with dropbox sync.

This could be one of two things:

1. It's possible that Mavericks has reset the "last used" flags on files, which means Alfred and Spotlight have no data from which to gauge what your most recently used files are. This will resolve itself as you start using your Mac with Mavericks, so you'll just need to exercise a little patience as you start picking your files.

2. If Alfred doesn't seem to be learning, it's quite possible that Mavericks is stopping Alfred from saving his preferences and knowledge. I would recommend doing the following:

- Launch Alfred's prefs to the Advanced tab and click "Clear Knowledge"

- Launch Disk utility and click "Repair Permissions" so that if Mavericks file permissions are wrong, these are fixed.

This isn't a widespread issue so it's likely to be caused by the above; Remember that Mavericks has been out for just over a week and may not be working perfectly smoothly yet.