Mavericks Upgrade Wipeout of Alfred

AppleCare Protection technical support was forced to completely reinstall Mavericks 10.9 software following upgrade problems from Mountain Lion.

Reinstallation wiped out Alfred 2, the license key and Powerpack activation – along with all my recent e- mail.

Is this response of Alfred2 (with Powerpack) to OS 10,9 reinstallation a bug or a feature: i.e., to lose all vestiges of Alfred2 on My Mac Pro?

I have no idea how to proceed. Is there a vehicle for an existing customer to obtain customer support? I could not find relevant help on the Alfred App customer support website.

Lawrence Lovig

AppleCare Protection technical support was forced to completely reinstall Mavericks 10.9 software following upgrade problems from Mountain Lion.

Reinstallation wiped out Alfred 2, the license key and Powerpack activation – along with all my recent e- mail.

Is this response of Alfred2 (with Powerpack) to OS 10,9 reinstallation a bug or a feature: i.e., to lose all vestiges of Alfred2 on My Mac Pro?

I have no idea how to proceed. Is there a vehicle for an existing customer to obtain customer support? I could not find relevant help on the Alfred App customer support website.

Lawrence Lovig

If Apple Support have completely reinstalled your Mac, this is what would have removed Alfred, as reinstalling specifically removes everything on your Mac and starts again. If they have removed your Alfred settings, then you may not be able to get these back again unless you have backed them up.

To start again, you can simply download Alfred 2 from http://alfredapp.com and I've just re-sent your Powerpack license to your registered (comcast) email address.

Let me know if you have any issues activating.

[moving to help forum]

Cheers,

Andrew