Sign in to follow this  
alfredclough

Add option to Copy Actual File rather than File Path

Right now if you do Cmd+C on a result in Alfred, it copies the file's path to the clipboard. This may be helpful for some users, but in my case I never need this but frequently need to copy an actual file to the clipboard. It would helpful to have a configuration option for users like me that causes a Cmd+C on a file to copy the actual file to the clipboard rather than the path.

Right now if you do Cmd+C on a result in Alfred, it copies the file's path to the clipboard. This may be helpful for some users, but in my case I never need this but frequently need to copy an actual file to the clipboard. It would helpful to have a configuration option for users like me that causes a Cmd+C on a file to copy the actual file to the clipboard rather than the path.

I understand what you are asking for so please don't think I misunderstood but I thought I thought I would point out that you could make a workflow that would add a Copy File action and allow you to do that then paste wherever. There are also results actions for copying a file to another location that you select in Alfred as well. 

Yes, I do use a custom action to do this right now. It would just be nice and a little quicker for me to do Cmd+C rather than tab, type clipboard and then hit tab or enter again. This is one of those features I miss from Quicksilver and I believe Launchbar had it as well :)