Bluetooth and wifi toggle

I have a different problem since the upgrade to Mavericks.

I can toggle bluetooth but it no longer connects to my bluetooth speakers automatically. I have to manually connect to them after enabling bluetooth with this workflow. Not sure if this is a problem with Mavericks or with this workflow.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a different problem since the upgrade to Mavericks.

I can toggle bluetooth but it no longer connects to my bluetooth speakers automatically. I have to manually connect to them after enabling bluetooth with this workflow. Not sure if this is a problem with Mavericks or with this workflow.

What the workflow does, is toggle bluetooth. As for whether the bluetooth devices connect or not, I am afraid that is not the workflow's problem, but Mavericks'.

On the other hand, I am not quite sure where the problem is, but I am guessing that maybe it doesn't try to connect just the speakers, because I have no problem with my Magic Mouse on Mavericks.

Anyway, I am sorry it doesn't work, but I'm afraid I can't do anything about it.

The download link in the first post is wrong.  The text has been updated to the correct bash version but the href itself still points to the applescript version.

Applescript version: http://d.pr/f/ybMT

Bash version:  http://d.pr/f/9YZR

The applescript version fails to toggle bluetooth on Mavericks for me.  The bash version works perfectly.

Thanks a lot for that, I probably uploaded my old workflow file instead of the new one. Sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome script!

I made a small change to display the current Bluetooth status when running the command (I have the Bluetooth icon hidden, so I need that :))

Instead of the bluetooth keyword component use a script filter with the following contents:

Keyword: bluetooth (or anything you want), no arguments

Placeholder Title: Toggle Bluetooth (or anything you want)

Script:

BT=$(./blueutil status)

cat << EOB
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items>

<item uid="com.petrmanas.btwftoggle" arg="$BT" valid="yes" type="file">
<title>Toggle Bluetooth</title>
<subtitle>$BT</subtitle>
<icon type="file">icon.png</icon>
</item>

</items>

EOB

Connect with the existing "Run Script" component. Enjoy!

Edited by fG9Qi8zq

Awesome script!

I made a small change to display the current Bluetooth status when running the command (I have the Bluetooth icon hidden, so I need that :))

Instead of the bluetooth keyword component use a script filter with the following contents:

Keyword: bluetooth (or anything you want), no arguments

Placeholder Title: Toggle Bluetooth (or anything you want)

Script:

BT=$(./blueutil status)

cat << EOB
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items>

<item uid="com.petrmanas.btwftoggle" arg="$BT" valid="yes" type="file">
<title>Toggle Bluetooth</title>
<subtitle>$BT</subtitle>
<icon type="file">icon.png</icon>
</item>

</items>

EOB

Connect with the existing "Run Script" component. Enjoy!

Thanks for that, that is a great addition to the script!

I changed the keyword to a script filter with this script and changed the keyword to 'bt' instead of 'bttoggle'.

You can get the most recent version here: http://d.pr/f/QckR or in the first post.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...