First recent document not appearing

b_d_m_p

When I type an app name in Alfred, like Numbers and press the right arrow and go to "Recent document" and press the right arrow again, the recent documents are there, but the very first one is not. If I go to to the app's recent document list there the most recent one will be at the top, but this is not the case in Alfred. This only started happening in once I updated to the most recent update, v2.1 (218).

While I am on the topic, some apps, like Photoshop, don't show any recent documents, which I assume is related to the app's support of this feature, not Alfred's implementation, but I do find it quite annoying. 

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Thanks!

When I type an app name in Alfred, like Numbers and press the right arrow and go to "Recent document" and press the right arrow again, the recent documents are there, but the very first one is not. If I go to to the app's recent document list there the most recent one will be at the top, but this is not the case in Alfred. This only started happening in once I updated to the most recent update, v2.1 (218).

While I am on the topic, some apps, like Photoshop, don't show any recent documents, which I assume is related to the app's support of this feature, not Alfred's implementation, but I do find it quite annoying. 

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Alfred shows the documents which OS X makes available to him. Usually it's instant but sometimes, you may see a delay in these appearing in Alfred as the app hasn't updated its shared 'recent documents' plist. As soon as an app has shared this info, Alfred can show it.

As for apps such as Photoshop, you are correct that this doesn't share its recent documents, but if you use Alfred to open documents, then he should show all the documents you have opened through him.

[moving to closed]

Thank you for your explanation. The photoshop idea is a good one. 

It really seems that the apps are taking much longer to share their “recent documents” plist. I did not have this problem before and it is really affecting my workflow. Are you sure that there is not an issue here?

Thanks. 

Thank you for your explanation. The photoshop idea is a good one. 

It really seems that the apps are taking much longer to share their “recent documents” plist. I did not have this problem before and it is really affecting my workflow. Are you sure that there is not an issue here?

Thanks. 

If there is an issue, it will be outside of Alfred's control and down to the specific apps sharing the plist. Alfred does 2 things when looking for recent docs for an app, looks at his own internal knowledge, and opens the plist of 'recent docs' for that app. Alfred then just shows the data which is available. If the data isn't in the plist, Alfred wouldn't know anything more than this.

It's also worth noting that in my experimentation, things are updating very fast indeed... I just opened a few photos in Preview.app, and they were in the recent documents list in Alfred immediately.

It might be worth creating a new profile on your Mac, switching to that profile and seeing if the recent docs are updating faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help on this. 

I'm really having a hard time. I'm not getting the last opened app in the recent documents list in Alfred even though they are in the recent document list of the app. And this is after a day or after a reboot, I relied on this feature so much and now I can't use it at all. I'm not sure what is going on, but there has got to be a way to fix this. I would write in the Apple forums, but the apps' recent document list is accurate, so I am sure everyone will say it is Alfred. Did the way the .plists update change in Mavericks?

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Thanks for your help on this. 

I'm really having a hard time. I'm not getting the last opened app in the recent documents list in Alfred even though they are in the recent document list of the app. And this is after a day or after a reboot, I relied on this feature so much and now I can't use it at all. I'm not sure what is going on, but there has got to be a way to fix this. I would write in the Apple forums, but the apps' recent document list is accurate, so I am sure everyone will say it is Alfred. Did the way the .plists update change in Mavericks?

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

As I said before, Alfred is simply reading the plist files saved by other applications, so if your most recent documents are missing from the app's plist files, Alfred won't show them. I've now tested this with a few different apps and the recent documents is updating as expected and fast.

1. Did you try creating a new user account and testing there like I suggested?

2. Which apps in particular are you not seeing recent documents updated for?

3. Try Preview.app and TextEdit.app and their recent document listings.