Change Input Text with Autocomplete

Hi Everybody.

I've been away for so long that I've forgotten just about everything that I knew from the past.

I'm pretty sure that what I want to accomplish is not only possible but also trivial. I just can't seem to find it here.

The case is as follows:

I type in a script filter and it checks that It's a first run and I should update a cache. Now I already have a separate script filter for that (manually updating the cache).

What I want is to present the user with info stating that it's his first run and should use update to refresh the cache. The thing is that with autocomplete this doesn't seem to work as I'd like.

I type rt, get info to update and when I tab or action it, the autocomplete simply adds rtupdate so I now have rt rtupdate) to the end. It should replace rt with rtupdate and then allow the user to hit enter. (is this making any sense at all.

Is this possible and how?

Thanks all in advance.

If I understand your question, it sounds like you're trying to use autocomplete to change the keyword. Here are some examples of how Alfred handles autocomplete:

Example 1:

Keyword - 'rt'

Autocomplete - 'update'

Keyword requires space? - yes

Result - 'rt update'

Example 2:

Keyword - 'rt'

Autocomplete - 'update'

Keyword requires space? - NO

Result - 'rtupdate'

You may want to check out my Wolfram|Alpha workflow (http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/655-wolframalpha-workflow/). I the script filter returns a special argument if the user has not entered an AppID. When the user actions this result, it behaves exactly like the 'AppID' keyword, but without the extra step of autocomplete.

If I understand your question, it sounds like you're trying to use autocomplete to change the keyword. Here are some examples of how Alfred handles autocomplete:

Example 1:

Keyword - 'rt'

Autocomplete - 'update'

Keyword requires space? - yes

Result - 'rt update'

Example 2:

Keyword - 'rt'

Autocomplete - 'update'

Keyword requires space? - NO

Result - 'rtupdate'

You may want to check out my Wolfram|Alpha workflow (http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/655-wolframalpha-workflow/). I the script filter returns a special argument if the user has not entered an AppID. When the user actions this result, it behaves exactly like the 'AppID' keyword, but without the extra step of autocomplete.

Thanks for your help Tyler. I ended up having to go another way. Fortunately it's not a common occurrence so hopeful my workaround will suffice.

Cheers,

Pedro