Rebuilt my account – how can I copy workflows over?

zkarj

I've just wiped my boot drive and re-installed Mavericks and all my software. I have Alfred 2 installed and licensed and doing its basic tasks, but I don't have my workflows from the old install.

I do have a clone of the old drive image, can I copy some files across to retrieve the workflows or do I have to boot from the clone, export, boot from the new and import?

I've just wiped my boot drive and re-installed Mavericks and all my software. I have Alfred 2 installed and licensed and doing its basic tasks, but I don't have my workflows from the old install.

I do have a clone of the old drive image, can I copy some files across to retrieve the workflows or do I have to boot from the clone, export, boot from the new and import?

1. Are you able to mount and browse the old drive image?

2. Were you using any kind of app to sync your preferences before? (Dropbox, etc)

If you can mount and browse the image and were NOT syncing preferences, Alfred 2's preferences reside in ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences. If you copy that file from the old drive image into the same place on the new installation, everything should copy over. Not sure how Alfred would handle his preferences being overwritten while he's running so you MAY have to restart him to get the preferences to take affect.

There's a thread about where workflows are stored on the disk. That should help

Cheers :)

1. Are you able to mount and browse the old drive image?

2. Were you using any kind of app to sync your preferences before? (Dropbox, etc)

If you can mount and browse the image and were NOT syncing preferences, Alfred 2's preferences reside in ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Alfred.alfredpreferences. If you copy that file from the old drive image into the same place on the new installation, everything should copy over. Not sure how Alfred would handle his preferences being overwritten while he's running so you MAY have to restart him to get the preferences to take affect.

Yes and no, so I was able to go and grab the file as described and have all my lovely workflows back. :-)

Thanks (and to Tyler) for the help.