What's the equivalent operation in v2 of "Selected Text" in Hotkeys tab in v1

Thanks for your example.

Well, I'd rather open Alfred search window instead of the Dictionary app most of the time, because I can see explanation right there, instead of scroll in another window.

Does it mean that this function won't be implemented in v2: use a hotkey to open Alfred with some word(s) pre-filled?

well, I guess hotkey is enough, but even that is not supported.

I want to have the Alfred search bar with anything predefined, like "define" or "open", with selected text optionally, just like v1 does.

Yes, I want to populate the Alfred window with customized scheme, including selected text

Hmm, maybe this should go to feature request.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for exactly the same thing yesterday and apparently it's not possible yet.

However since the lastest build you can pop Alfred with a predefined word by using an Applescript :

on alfred_script(q)
tell application "Alfred 2" to search "translate "
end alfred_script

But there's no effect if you choose an hotkey with "Selected text in OSX"; in this case only "translate " will be written.

I was looking for exactly the same thing yesterday and apparently it's not possible yet.

However since the lastest build you can pop Alfred with a predefined word by using an Applescript :

But there's no effect if you choose an hotkey with "Selected text in OSX"; in this case only "translate " will be written.

Yeah, this is great.

To get the selected text, change your script to

on alfred_script(q)

tell application "Alfred 2" to search "translate " & q

end alfred_script

Notice: if "Show latest history if within 5 minutes" is checked, you need to clear that first, otherwise the last command will show. I think it's a bug, I'll go report it

Yeah, this is great.

To get the selected text, change your script to

Notice: if "Show latest history if within 5 minutes" is checked, you need to clear that first, otherwise the last command will show. I think it's a bug, I'll go report it

Oh yeah thanks that's great ! I'm a beginner in scripting :P

Btw, indeed, It's a bug, I've the same issue here

• Vero locked this topic